Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 3

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helloooooo to all! Happy first Tuesday of Maaaaayyy!

may-10.gif

What type of genre would you choose if you were an author?

I would opt for non-fiction most of all, write about lesser known but fascinating historical events or topics. If I were to do fiction, likely adventure-fantasy or horror.

27e6a76d304b312b544e5da812e14cec.gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fantasy. That was always my favorite to write. Or historical fiction. Or maybe combine them for time travel!

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fantasy like those that resemble real life and history but not quite so. Even better with a humor twist like Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams but I don't have the talent for humor :oops:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Historical fiction, maybe something set in the first half of the 20th century.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Non fiction on some aspect of Yoga, probably. Fantasy if fiction.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have some published academic papers on literary theory and a chapbook of poetry. I have an unpublished novel and two novels in the works.

For non-fiction, I would stick to literary theory and criticism. For non-fiction, I would like magical (possibly historical) realism, modern gothic, or, like Lari Lari , something with time travel. I also enjoy speculative fiction.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am currently working on 2 stories, although I haven't actually written anything in way too long. One is a romantic fiction set in a semi-realistic, pirate based universe. Focused on the romance between the pirate captain who struggles with her vulnerability and feelings.
The other is going to be a horror/thriller story. A killing game setting where 7 contestants are dropped in a building together, and only 1 is allowed to leave. But this one is still in its very early stages