Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 9

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why declawing should be illegal
Pretzels and cheese and why it's the best snack ever
Foods I hate and why they should be banned
Napping (subtitled: "If napping were an olympic event, I'd have more medals than Michael Phelps")
How my dream city would have at least a few cat cafes and child free restaurants
Why cats are better than dogs and children

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely nothing, I have horrible stage fright and public speaking anxiety!

BUT...
If could get past my fears, I could easily talk about the human body and how to keep it healthy. And I'm not just talking workouts, "super" foods and trendy diets, like with the stuff that's all over social media, I mean changing body mechanics and educating on the importance of posture and proper range of motion. The illnesses that people don't realize are DIRECTLY related to improper body mechanics is staggering. How you can actually stop the need for certain surgeries like carpel tunnel, you can cure you chronic back pain and sciatica (which most people don't even have even though they think they do)...I could go on for way longer than 40 minutes LOL!
I'd be front and center :wave3:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basic animal husbandry.
Why it's a smart idea to listen to your gut instinct.
Jokes. (Hey, who wouldn't want to be included in a lecture or presentation by being asked by the guy on stage to tell the dumbest jokes you can? :thumbsup:)
Diet and the affects on the body, and how this can be passed on for generations.
Land cultivation and farming.
I could extend the 40 minute presentation into a 40 day presentation if Baby Girl were the topic. So many stories of being cute and being the devil at the same time :redtongue:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An un-embalmed body is wrapped in a biodegradable shroud and buried directly into the earth. Then a tree is planted on top.

It's a non-polluting, sustainable way of dealing with a dead body.

Important Facts To Know About Green Burials
I think Luke Perry had arrangements like this made before he passed. It's a great idea. I've never understod the concept of a traditional burial with the embalming, casket, etc. That stuff is for the living and not the dead. IMO cemeteries are a waste of land.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see my friend find a natural cure for bulging/arthritic disks instead of opioids, so I'd come to your presentation! ;)
Well, obviously you can't cure ALL forms of chronic back pain, especially if there is permanent nerve damage or a deformity of some sort, but I found that in almost all cases it's due to severe imbalances of the muscle tissue causing most issues. The other issue is that it takes work on behalf of the patient and sadly everyone wants the miracle pill to cure their ailments, they don't have motivation to work at it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's a great idea.
It is, isn't it? I really like the idea of becoming a tree.

IMO cemeteries are a waste of land.
IMO golf course are a waste of land. If you're going to have that much lush green grass in one place I should be allowed to ride a pony all over it.

;)

Looking at you Mar a Lago golf resort.

:insertevillaugh: