Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 4

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Santa Baby --- ack! Fake sexy-baby voice, and it's awful.

Baby it's Cold Outside --- a little rapey!

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas --- only the fake kid's voice. The lyrics are OK.

All I want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth --- also the fake kid's voice.

I really can't stand that fake kid's voice or that sexy-baby voice that used to be popular for actresses.
:yeah::yeah:
And the Mommy kissing Santa Claus is just kind of weird.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little Drummer Boy
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
Happy Christmas
Christmas (Baby Come Home)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Christmas Time is Here" from the Charlie Brown special. It is slow and depressing! I dislike many Christmas songs, but this is among the worst.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
However, even though I don't like Baby It's Cold Outside, I think it's silly that a lot of stations aren't playing it. Half the fun of not liking a song is making snarky comments to your companions when it comes on the radio. . .:tongue:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frosty the Snowman by Jimmy Durante. I heard it so often one year on my car radio I had to pull off the road and throw up.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot -Feliz Navidad - it just repeats and repeats and repeats - very annoying.

And anything by Manheim Steamroller because I worked in the Christmas Shop of a major department store one year and they started Christmas music at Labor Day, MSR was played incessantly and I just can't stand it now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas Shoes, definitely. I also hate any song that is considered a Christmas song because it mentions something holiday related just once.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby it's Cold Outside - I can't remember ever listening to this song, and I didn't even know the lyrics were sketchy until literally yesterday. I'm just tired of seeing that phrase everywhere when, well, it's cold outside. Be a little more original, people!

The Little Drummer Boy - Okay, I only dislike the one version of this song because my mom has a Christmas CD with that song on it, and that particular rendition is so dreadful and slow that it physically hurts to listen to it.

Do They Know It's Christmas? - Such pandering lyrics.

Happy Xmas (War is Over) - The lyrics themselves don't bother me; rather it's the fact that it was/is used for so many of those "let's film crying and starving children and put them on a commercial" ads that I have a really negative association with that song.

/Grinch :lol:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, how I loathe that song! "But say a prayer/ Pray for the other ones" and "Tonight thank God it’s them instead of you!" are two of the worst lines in a Christmas song.
I came to specifically say this one. It is so jolly patronising. Why should they know it's Christmas? And 'yes' to those two lines.
Bah Humbug...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza, lots of strong feelings about songs.

I guess my least fave is the one from the Grinch film, something about where are you, Christmas? It's sad.

(I love Baby, It's Cold Outside, always did.) :D