Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 11

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea stores still did gift wrapping, what with their attempts to strip everything down to the basics. Rich people still like service, I guess. But you pay for it. I once bought a dress for my son's wedding at store A that cost $200, but they did do some alterations for me. A couple of months later, I saw the same dress at store B. It was on the mark-down rack for $39.99. The original price on the tag was $69.99. That was some mark-up at store A.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty good. My partner is exquisite. No fancy-shmancy department store wrapper could hold a candle to her skills. Lines on the paper? No problem. Every crease and fold is lined up with perfect precision. Oddly shaped package? She laughs at the "challenge". Every wrapped present is a work of art. So my "pretty good" wrapping looks like a two year old did it compared to hers!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our mall still has wrapping, for a price; the money goes to whatever charity. And I will say that those women are excellent wrappers.

Rick does the wrapping around here. He can get the edges to line up; he can get the pieces to line up perfectly. I'm horrible at it. I try, honest, but it's bad. And I lose patience quickly.

We can't put packages under the tree right away anyway because.....cats. Our wrapped gifts have chewed corners, scratched edges, and bedraggled ribbon. I should probably say that my wrapping is superb, that the cats mess it all up. Yeah, that's it! It's the cats' fault! :flail:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Jon wraps up the presents. I hate wrapping. Like totally suck. It hurts my knees to neel on the floor and i get so mad. I dont have a dining room so no big table to use. The cats never touch the presents.
I use a ton of tape and the newer wrap is so cheap and thin it tears on me. I do gift cards now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my nephew is 13 and doesn't want ANYTHING except pre-paid Visa cards. Not even gift cards, because he uses them online to buy extras for his video games or whatever he does. Oh well, it's easy anyway.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jon wraps up the presents. I hate wrapping. Like totally suck. It hurts my knees to neel on the floor and i get so mad. I dont have a dining room so no big table to use. The cats never touch the presents.
I use a ton of tape and the newer wrap is so cheap and thin it tears on me. I do gift cards now.
While I do have a large table, I do all my wrapping in the floor. (It does kill my knees and back though) But when I do it in the floor, I have the fun of the cats "helping"! I don't feel it is properly wrapped if there isn't claw marks and a few bite holes here and there!;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been many years since i last wrapped Christmas gifts. i was pretty good at wrapping.

as a young adult, i just decided that i didn't need to buy the wrapping paper, ribbons, and bows. gifts from me, from that point forward, have never been wrapped.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am pretty good at it. Back in the day I worked at the gift wrapping stand in a dept. store so I learned the basics. But gift bags are so much easier I usually go with those.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I usually end up on the bedroom floor; it depends on where Rick is. I like to wait til he's bowling, then I can bring his stuff out to the kitchen table. Molli, Muffin and I will wrap his things; let me re-phrase that....I will wrap his things while Molli and Muffin are hissing and spitting at each other because they don't want the other one on the kitchen table.

If Rick is home, then I'll take everything into the bedroom and shut the door. In which case, Mollipop will lie on the bed with her head hanging over and we'll play with ribbon. Meanwhile, Muffin is in one bag, then another, then another.

"Hey! What's this, Mom? Can I help you cut the paper? Huh, huh, huh?"
"Muffin, stop that!"
"ohhhh, tape! I love tape!"
"Muffin, will you stop?!"

And then Molli jumps to the floor, right in the middle of me wrapping. And the hisses and the growling starts.
"Mom! She's looking at me!"
"Well, she's touching me!"
"Both of you, stop it! I might as well have kids, I swear."

My "helpers". They're lucky they're so cute.

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dislike wrapping gifts because I'm an inpatient person at times, so before long the cats are helping me create a masterpiece.

I prefer gift bags over wrapping things any day of the week.