Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 11

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday! :happycat:

Gift Wrapping: Are you good or bad at it?

I am 50/50. It'll either look amazing or a sad wreck :lol: I do enjoy it though, when I am able to relax and take my time with it.

Gift bags are always a plus though :thumbsup:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd say bad.... I tend to not have straight folds and it isn't always tight. Sometimes it looks really good and sometimes it doesn't. I have fun with the oddly shapped boxes though and tend to wrap in original packaging. I wrapped a scarf without a box this year and it ended up looking like a small soda can when I got done.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty good at wrapping, however, I usually don't buy presents at Christmas. I usually buy my son presents throughout the year, so he can enjoy them. I just bought my son a Switch early this month and just gave it to him. That way, he didn't have to wait to enjoy it. He knows it was his Christmas present, and his next birthday, and the next Christmas...
And, I just bought my mom a new robe yesterday. But why wrap, it just makes garbage, or shredded paper if my cats get to before it can be thrown away.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Generally I'm good. My Grandma and Mom always had me help and then I worked for Hallmark while I was in college. Sometimes I sit on the carpet and rush a bit too much so it's not as neat. Some things just aren't as easy to wrap. Although I did an impressive job on a Hexagon shaped box at Christmas a few years ago. :crazy:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a good wrapper. Back in the Fifties, I used to watch the women in the gift wrapping station in department stores (yes, they really had wrapping departments) while they expertly wrapped gifts. I never got that good, but I learned a lot.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned as a child and I was pretty good then. But I am no longer in practice. My wrapping jobs are kinda mediocre these days.:dunno:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although I can wrap a nice gift I prefer to use gift bags and tissue paper instead.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really wrap many gifts. I tend to give gift cards or something online.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Bad" doesn't even describe it. If you gave a cage full of rabid chimpanzees wearing handcuffs and blindfolds a roll of wrapping paper, some tape, and a gift, they'd handle it better than I do.
I always cut the paper crooked, I always loose the piece of tape, or get it stuck to something so it's impossible to remove without ripping, then have to tear off another piece and lose the hold on the paper I need to actually apply the tape.
The creases are loose, the taped parts are crooked, and I get frustrated and go buy bags. Staplers and hot glue guns have been used. I recommend neither.
I almost always use bags and tissue paper. So much easier, and we can re-use bags. A few of them are tattered, ripped, and falling apart, and with people I'm very close to this has become kind of a yearly running gag.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a good wrapper. Back in the Fifties, I used to watch the women in the gift wrapping station in department stores (yes, they really had wrapping departments) while they expertly wrapped gifts. I never got that good, but I learned a lot.
I grew up in the 70's and 80's. I remember department stores having gift wrapping departments too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of places still do wrapping, sometimes for a price. Macy's, Dillard's, Von Maur, Tiffany. . .all depends where you shop!

I'm OK at wrapping. I usually get a gift bag though.