Question Of The Day - Thursday 8 August

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Another easy question for you this Thursday .....

What is your favourite and least favourite fruit ? :jive:

My favourite at moment is peaches
Least favourite is pears

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite: Clementines. It is one of the six, excluding some berries, with which I am okay. I actually like them.
Least: Everything else not included in the six. The one that is the worst is typically roundish and red. (We call them "yickies" at our house.) I cannot say/type the word, and I certainly do not want to see it or the word. I have severe cibophobia related to fruit. There is a hierarchy of disgust with the previously mentioned usually red one at the top. (I will not be able to read what others write as their favorites and least favorites because I will get sick and upset.)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favourites:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Bananas
Kiwis
Dragon Fruit
Apples

Least:
Pineapples
Mangoes
Pears
Oranges
Cantaloupe

Funny enough I can like Peach or Mango as a flavour in something, but not as the original fruit.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite: Raspberries, peaches, nectaries, cantaloup, watermelon, blue/black/strawberries, grapes (currently craving starfruit), fresh pineapple

Least: If I have one; I haven't tried it. ;)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pretty much like all fruit. Favs are all kinds of berries and melons and cherries.
I have to be in the mood for bananas, but I do like them. Same with apples - depends on the type; Honeycrisps and Gala are my go-to.
I'm not a huge fan of pomegranate although don't mind the seeds in salads.
I really can't even think of a fruit I firmly dislike enough to say I'd never eat it!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if there's a fruit I don't like. Although pears usually have a mushy/grainy texture that I don't like, but I've had some that were good, and I like the flavor. With apples, I'm picky, but I do like good apples and have one every day (Fuji, mainly. Braeburn, Ambrosia, and Gala are acceptable too). I hate a mushy or grainy apple. The peaches we get here aren't usually great, but when they're perfectly ripe they're sooo good.

Probably my favorite is fresh pineapple.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only fruit that I can think of that I don't like is the Ugli fruit

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite fruit is the one I am eating at the time I think about it. Honestly, I am a fruit nut. I like it all.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorites are watermelon and strawberries

Least favorite apricots and plums, it's a texture thing rather than the flavor.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pretty much all fruit except kiwi, mango, ugly fruit. Probably because those weren’t available to try when I was young. We had apple, plum and pear trees growing up so those were most prevalent fresh and home canned.

purrtini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There’s only one fruit that I can think of that I don’t really like and that’s bananas, my all time favourite though would have to be pineapples.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apples, pears are my favorites. Plus, both go good in pie ;)

Least would be avocado. I don't hate it like I used to, but I'm still not 100% used to it. I understand it's good for you, so I'm eating just a little bit here and there.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite are the orange flesh melon and the white flesh peach.
Least favorite is probably a pear, although sometimes I enjoy them.
I was going to say banana, but since I have a severe allergy to them, it may not be a true hatred of the fruit.

Oh, forgot wild blackberries, but they have to be wild and not domesticated (farm raised) blackberries.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on the blackberries. I love them and enjoy picking them. The ones in the grocery store have no flavor.

I like almost all kinds of fruit, but they have to be at the perfect stage of ripeness. Most are too green - cantaloupe in the winter is tasteless and overripe pears are mushy. Stale apples are mushy too; I like them crisp. If peaches get too much water, they get woody, and if green, crunchy. Peaches and pears at the perfect stage are slick and cool like an ice cube. Plums can be crunchy, too, when they are green, not to mention sour.

Ones I like the least are dragon fruit, grapes, and mangoes.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Like: cantaloupe, fresh pineapple, wild blackberries, cherries

Don't like: mangoes

Never tried: durian