Question of the day - Thursday 17 September

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seriously feel like I am both. I will often stay up until 2am reading but then get up at 7:30 or 8 for work and be ready to go. I don't need any stimulants to keep me awake. When I get out of bed, I'm awake for the rest of the day. There are times if I'm sitting for too long and I'm bored or doing something boring where I might start to doze off, but it doesn't happen too often.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Norachan, post: 5231280, member: 58674"
Mornings are poisonous and you should only view them through dark glasses, until the caffeine has kicked in
[/QUOTE]
Poisonous, ha!!! :lol: :flail:

I have a strange sleep schedule. I fall asleep around 7, get up around 1am, go back to sleep for an hour
or so sometimes, and then catch more sleep after Kaylee leaves. I don't choose to sleep this way, I do
because of the RSD.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very much NOT a morning person. But I have to get up at 6:30 for work :/. So I end up dragging all day, take a nap after work, then after 7 pm I feel great and am raring to go. So then I end up staying up until 2 am and then I'm tired again the next day. It's a vicious circle. I'd like to reset by body clock but that sounds terrible, lol. I do need caffeine to not fall asleep again by 11 am but it doesn't make me more alert or anything.

It's too bad people can't be matched up to the jobs and schedules that suit them best, instead we're just kinda stuck with whatever chance/circumstance got us into.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very much NOT a morning person. But I have to get up at 6:30 for work :/. So I end up dragging all day, take a nap after work, then after 7 pm I feel great and am raring to go. So then I end up staying up until 2 am and then I'm tired again the next day. It's a vicious circle. I'd like to reset by body clock but that sounds terrible, lol. I do need caffeine to not fall asleep again by 11 am but it doesn't make me more alert or anything.

It's too bad people can't be matched up to the jobs and schedules that suit them best, instead we're just kinda stuck with whatever chance/circumstance got us into.
I lucked out and found a job where I work 5am-1:30pm. I don't have to fight traffic and I was home by the time my kids got off the bus when they were little. I have never been a night owl so going to bed at 8pm was not a big deal. I don't think I could work a "normal" 9 to 5 job and certainly never a night shift job.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl living as a morning person at the moment. My natural sleep cycle is 2am to 10am, but right now I basically do 11pm-6am and it sucks. I'm not one of those night owls that absolutely can't wake up early. I signed up for 8am classes back in college, I leave at 7am for my commute now, and if I"m planning a hike or a bike ride, I can get up early on the weekends to do that before the trails get too busy. I don't like it, but I can do it.

I hate when people greet me in the morning though. Don't say hi to me until after lunch and definitely don't walk into the room with a sing-songy "GOOD MORNING~!" yuck

oh, I had the perfect shift when I worked in the fish processing plant in Alaska. We were scheduled to work 16 hour shifts and mine perfectly lined up with my sleep schedule. I worked 10am to 2am! (it was a light season tho so we didn't really work 16 hours every day)