Question of the day, Sunday the 22nd of October 2023

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

What is your fave perfume or fave things such as candle scents, coffee brewing, a roast cooking, etc?

I love Peony Pink and Blush Suede by Jo Malone

coffee brewing

Bath and Body Works 3 wick candles, Flannel, Winter, Sweater Weather

what are some of yours?

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a general rule, I prefer clean air to scents, especially artificial ones, like burning sticks. But there are notable exceptions.

So, the scent of freshly ground coffee is certainly pleasing, and to preserve this scent in the coffee itself, requires connoisseur methods, like Greek/Turkish coffee, Italian espresso etc. On the other hand, sugar and milk will spoil the fine aroma.

Several foods smell appetizingly, but only while I am hungry., off-putting if I am not.

Finally, when it comes to purrf...oops...perfumes, again, the smell of garden roses beats anything artificial.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The smell of freshly ground coffee doing its thing in the coffee pot
The smell of baking bread permeates through the house
Lilacs in the spring (and around here, in the fall, too! For the last two years, our lilacs have been fall-bloomers as well as spring.)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! 🤗 I'm allergic to certain scents like perfume or cigarette smoke and it can bring on a bad headache/migraine. However, I love the smell walking into a coffee shop or bakery. I also enjoy the smell of puppy breath, it's an acquired scent.:wink:
I don't like the smell of perfume. Most of it is too strongh and it stinks. I smoked for 40 years and cigarette does not bother me much. I love puppies breath, baked bread and brewing coffee.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like fruity and food smells the most like berries, coconut, cherry, and vanilla. I'm not a huge fan of floral scents. My weird favorite scent is the ink from those community news brochures and booklets. I know it's super weird, but I also open them up and just smell them for a good 10 seconds.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to be careful with fragrances because of my allergies,so really all I wear anymore is a vanilla scent.The smell of coffees in general,baking bread,candles...I have one that's apple pie and another that's maple/pumpkin and I adore them,roses and I've always loved that old scent of patchoulli.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite perfume is one I don't wear. Shalimar was my grandma's signature scent. For years after she went into a nursing home you could still get a whiff of it in the house. I'm not sure if Grandpa was giving it a spritz on occasion or it really just lingered after decades. I really need to buy a little bottle for myself.

On the rare occasion I do wear perfume; I like Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. I need a new bottle of that too.

My other favorite scents are things like homemade sauce simmering, bread, brownies. And LILACS!! :cloud9:

I do love Scentsy but what scent I am into changes with the season. Right now it's apple/cider type scents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine and to a certain extent roses. If the rose scent is heavy then it reminds me of 'grandmother scent'. I like a light rose scent.
Nicole hates my fave perfume, Peony Pink and Blush Suede, she said I smell like "an old lady!!
ha!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite perfume is Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan. I love the smell of fresh coffee, bread baking and vanilla.

lizzie lizzie I love patchouli too. Sandalwood is also a favorite.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in school many years ago copies were made with a mimeograph machine and the ink had a strong very distinctive scent.
Yes and also we used to get a newspaper in the mail during the summer months called the Weekly Reader that smelled wonderful.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very Irresistible by Givenchy is my favorite perfume. Evergreen, pineapple, lemon, and pipe tobacco are my favorite scents in general.