Question Of The Day, Sunday, September 23, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed it the most with Christmas lights. They have a cooler glow. When we had the traditional fluorescent ones in the kitchen fixture I bought the wrong kind and had half warm half cool. It was very obvious then.
that's interesting! so, the difference was more noticeable when there were both types of bulbs lit in one fixture. :think:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that's interesting! so, the difference was more noticeable when there were both types of bulbs lit in one fixture. :think:
I notice it everywhere; but it is more noticeable when you've got both next to each other of course. One of my complaints with the LED Christmas lights is that the colors are different from traditional fairy lights like I've always had and loved. Many are more "primary". But I did find some that include purples and pinks so thats what I got for our tree at home. I string a white lighted garland around the kitchen that has lights leftover from my wedding. I wanted to convert it to LEDs because they don't get hot and use less electricity. But I don't like the glow yet. Maybe this year someone will come out with a warm version.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I notice it everywhere; but it is more noticeable when you've got both next to each other of course. One of my complaints with the LED Christmas lights is that the colors are different from traditional fairy lights like I've always had and loved. Many are more "primary". But I did find some that include purples and pinks so thats what I got for our tree at home. I string a white lighted garland around the kitchen that has lights leftover from my wedding. I wanted to convert it to LEDs because they don't get hot and use less electricity. But I don't like the glow yet. Maybe this year someone will come out with a warm version.
hmmm......maybe LED lights are still...evolving? :think:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like a classic look, for lamps, but if I could re-do the lighting I would have ceiling lights. I want to flip a switch and bright light comes on. I like to be able to see clearly. I hate dim light. Lamps just provide ambient lighting, but that is what I am stuck with in the living room Even when watching TV I am usually doing needlework (knitting crochet, etc.) so I need bright light. Husband prefers near darkness so I have an Ott light at my end of the couch.

In the dining room we have a chandelier which provides a lot of light. I like chandeliers if they have enough wattage.

And I have to have a night light in the bath so I don't trip in the night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you prefer a classic look for lamps, and a reasonably bright light!!! and you like chandeliers as long as they have enough wattage! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

yup, that's what i've chosen to have done for my living room, a ceiling light with a switch. i, too, need a bright light, but either a frosted sconce to the light or a soft white bulb. i need good light to work on my budgeting and planning. :agree: