Question Of The Day, Sunday, September 17, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of that show. Got to check it out! Winter is coming!
it's part of the related shows/Chicago franchise, Chicago PD, Chicago Justice, and Chicago Fire. i enjoy watching all four of the shows. and there are some 'crossovers' between the shows, of characters.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last marathon I had was writing a spoof on elephants for my sister who is in the hospital and loves elephants. What started out as an email turned into over a hundred pages of text and illustrations. It took me a couple of weeks of working on it day and night before I finished it. :thud::sleep:
that's a lovely thing you did for your sister, and i'm sure it lifted her spirits!!! :agree: and, wow!! a two weeks marathon! :sweat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday I baked brownies and then cookies.
My son and I have been binge watching Quantum Leap. About 3-4 episodes a day.

fmovies.se has all the seasons without commercials.
mmmm......fresh baked brownies and cookies!! :cloud9: very nice!

ahhh, Quantum Leap! :thumbsup: that's a really good show! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading! Last night! :sleep: Needless to say; I was not the most attentive in church this morning. :oops: I'm reading something a little more suspenseful than usual (normally I don't go for much suspense at all) from a new to me author. I have a feeling I can go ahead and buy the rest of the series because I'm going through the first pretty quick and it was the 4th that caught my attention. :rolleyes:
a reading marathon, last night (well, a few nights ago now)!!! :clap: most excellent!!

that's a sign of a really good book/series, that it keeps us up late reading like that! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An actual marathon style race, but I wasn't running in it.

Last week I helped at a race for 14 to 18 year old students. they had to kayak across a lake, run to the bottom of a mountain, hike up the mountain and back, run back to the lake and kayak home.

All I had to do was hand out drinks and snacks and arrange a car ride for anyone who retired.

:thumbsup:
you helped at a marathon style race!!! :clap: that sounds great!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent the past week or so restocking a couple of shelves in the freezer, and have made a ton of cornbread, biscuits, and roux. But I think I'm going to hold off on any marathon sessions for making cookie and pie crust dough. We still have another two and a half months of hurricane season to go, and I'd hate for all that work to go to waste if we lose power for a few days or weeks.

On the other hand, if we do have another hurricane this season, I suppose I could use up all that dough and bake up a storm just before the storm so we'd have something to munch on in the dark. :wink:
mmmm......cornbread biscuits, and some roux!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

yes!! if you do end up having another hurricane there this season, you may need those cookies and pies to help get you through it! :think: