Question Of The Day, Sunday, September 17, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

yesterday i did some baking. it took literally all day! i came to think of it as a 'marathon baking' day.

with these thoughts on my mind......

What was the most recent thing you did, 'marathon style'? (can be anything! for example: reading, watching a tv series or series of movies with certain character(s) in it, cleaning your home, catching up on sleep, and etc......or even baking!)

i'll start!

yup, i baked and baked, then washed the dishes -- which took all day yesterday. while it was a very productive day, i worked through 'putting up' a good amount of my apples, i was quite tired by late evening and so took a nap for several hours. :sleep:

okay, now it's your turn!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The beginning of last week I bought a "Professional window cleaning kit". Yesterday I decided to give it a go. Lots of windows in my house and cleaned them all including the roof of my conservatory. It did a great job even if it did take most of the day. Less than an hour after finishing, yes...it rained.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Alas, mine is not so energetic......one night last week, Molli, Muffin and I hit the bed early and watched a mini-marathon of the old Dark Shadows gothic soap from back in the mid-60's. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alas, mine is not so energetic......one night last week, Molli, Muffin and I hit the bed early and watched a mini-marathon of the old Dark Shadows gothic soap from back in the mid-60's. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:
I loved Dark Shadows. My sister and I used to rush home from school everyday to watch it. My favorite was Dr. Hoffman.
The only thing I've done marathon style was watch TV shows. I think the last one I watch marathon style was Mad Men.

Muffy

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
in August we marathon watched Lost. The place had no cable and only 2 local channels and we were tired of it-so we hit thrift stores and I found Lost season 1 on dvd. We watched up to #4 dvd. still need to watch 5 and 6. need a rainy day and will finish it up. Each episode is only 42 minutes=4 on each disk- so strange that 20 min are commercials on regular tv. I am trying to find seasons on dvd now because the commercials irritate the heck out of me. I also got the enter ER series in a first aid box off Ebay years ago=that's the next one I want to watch. Watched House and Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy. I just love medical shows but finding out lots of them don't show true factual stuff-it's made up stuff that contradicts facts-now to find one that actually is factual WITH a good plot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest came to visit Labor Day weekend and we logged in 31,000 steps in two days. I don't have a fit bit because it's not my thing but she does and kept track of our steps. Needless to say I had to rest my feet the following day. :wink:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The last marathon I had was writing a spoof on elephants for my sister who is in the hospital and loves elephants. What started out as an email turned into over a hundred pages of text and illustrations. It took me a couple of weeks of working on it day and night before I finished it. :thud::sleep:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday I baked brownies and then cookies.
My son and I have been binge watching Quantum Leap. About 3-4 episodes a day.
I am trying to find seasons on dvd now because the commercials irritate the heck out of me.
fmovies.se has all the seasons without commercials.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reading! Last night! :sleep: Needless to say; I was not the most attentive in church this morning. :oops: I'm reading something a little more suspenseful than usual (normally I don't go for much suspense at all) from a new to me author. I have a feeling I can go ahead and buy the rest of the series because I'm going through the first pretty quick and it was the 4th that caught my attention. :rolleyes:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Golden Girls!

About 5-something episodes with my mom - love the show. I actually don't like binge watching at all, but would do it for my Golden Girls :biggrin: Granted compared to the amount other people watch 5 episodes is absolute peanuts.
The Golden Girls are my favorite all time show. I never get tired of watching them.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The beginning of last week I bought a "Professional window cleaning kit". Yesterday I decided to give it a go. Lots of windows in my house and cleaned them all including the roof of my conservatory. It did a great job even if it did take most of the day. Less than an hour after finishing, yes...it rained.
oh wow!! that's great!!! :clap: ahhh, yes! of course it rained right after you had cleaned all your windows and the roof of your conservatory! :disappointed:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a Dark Shadows marathon, for you and your two girls!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Dark Shadows. My sister and I used to rush home from school everyday to watch it. My favorite was Dr. Hoffman.
The only thing I've done marathon style was watch TV shows. I think the last one I watch marathon style was Mad Men.

Muffy
a tv show marathon of Mad Men!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An actual marathon style race, but I wasn't running in it.

Last week I helped at a race for 14 to 18 year old students. they had to kayak across a lake, run to the bottom of a mountain, hike up the mountain and back, run back to the lake and kayak home.

All I had to do was hand out drinks and snacks and arrange a car ride for anyone who retired.

:thumbsup:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent the past week or so restocking a couple of shelves in the freezer, and have made a ton of cornbread, biscuits, and roux. But I think I'm going to hold off on any marathon sessions for making cookie and pie crust dough. We still have another two and a half months of hurricane season to go, and I'd hate for all that work to go to waste if we lose power for a few days or weeks.

On the other hand, if we do have another hurricane this season, I suppose I could use up all that dough and bake up a storm just before the storm so we'd have something to munch on in the dark. :wink:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in August we marathon watched Lost. The place had no cable and only 2 local channels and we were tired of it-so we hit thrift stores and I found Lost season 1 on dvd. We watched up to #4 dvd. still need to watch 5 and 6. need a rainy day and will finish it up. Each episode is only 42 minutes=4 on each disk- so strange that 20 min are commercials on regular tv. I am trying to find seasons on dvd now because the commercials irritate the heck out of me. I also got the enter ER series in a first aid box off Ebay years ago=that's the next one I want to watch. Watched House and Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy. I just love medical shows but finding out lots of them don't show true factual stuff-it's made up stuff that contradicts facts-now to find one that actually is factual WITH a good plot.
wow, the series Lost, season 1!!! :thumbsup: i had to look that one up online, because i thought it was a reality show. i was very pleasantly surprised to find that it sounds like a really good series!! :agree: i'll have to see if Hulu or Netflix has it. :think:

ahhh, medical shows!! i enjoy some of those too! :) have you watched any of Chicago Med? that's one that i've recently started watching the series from the beginning.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest came to visit Labor Day weekend and we logged in 31,000 steps in two days. I don't have a fit bit because it's not my thing but she does and kept track of our steps. Needless to say I had to rest my feet the following day. :wink:
31,000 steps in two days!!! :jawdrop: oh my! that certainly is an achievement!! :clap:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Golden Girls!

About 5-something episodes with my mom - love the show. I actually don't like binge watching at all, but would do it for my Golden Girls :biggrin: Granted compared to the amount other people watch 5 episodes is absolute peanuts.
ahhh, The Golden Girls!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)