Question of the Day: Sunday, July 31

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I. LOATHE. DUSTING. I hate it with every fiber of my being. I have a small, framed notice in my living room that says, "Dust testing in progress. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!" And since Hekitty and I live quite by ourselves, and she doesn't care, I mostly just don't. Before Suzanne moved to Morehead City, she came by one day and wrote "dust me" on my TV stand. She smirked at me and said, "Now you HAVE to dust!" I replied, "Why? Give it time, it will fill in!" We have an inspection quarterly. I dust before that.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Washing dishes. Don't even get me started on washing dishes. When our dishwasher died, I dealt with it for a while and we washed dishes by hand. Finally, I said to Rick, "Keep this up and I won't be cooking! Or baking! You want cookies? I want a dishwasher!" I think we had it by the end of that week. I hate, hate, hate washing dishes by hand. There should be a law.
The only reason I didn't write that was because I do the cooking and my husband does dishes. I once worked as a dish washer at a restaurant while looking for work in my field. Once I quit, I swore I'd never wash another dish unless it was mine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH does the lawn mowing and trimming. If he didn't; that would be the winner by far. I think the winner is cleaning the shower and tub. It's hard on the back and even harder in the summer during "sunscreen season" which just makes soap scum form thicker and faster. I've never been a fan of hand washing dishes; but honestly that's less of a pain than the bathtub.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Window cleaning....think your finished and find all the smudges you missed..endless task.
This. And...the spot is always on the other side. If you go to the other side, the spot will move by osmosis through the pane, remaining on the other side!!! I believe there is some law about this.