Question of the Day: Sunday, July 31

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! Not the perfect summer day: dull and muggy; cat litter won't clump as there's too much wetness in the air; and I desperately need to tidy up!

But, I have to leave this chaos and work on the annual report for the animal charity for the year 2021: number of castrations, dental treatments, other operations, euthanasia, fosters, kittens, lost and found animals, expenditures, donations....... about 40 overheads! I've outlined the presentation but, as I haven't got all the data and photos, I will have to take my computer to our president and we'll work things out together. That will be Sunday gone and I will still have chaos at home!

Of all the chores you are responsible for on a routine basis, which one do you hate the most?
Cleaning is my pet hate, closely followed by having to sort things out to dispose of! I am not good at throwing photos, clothes, kitchen stuff away. I suppose I am a bit of a messy (is that an English word, or do you call it a "hoarder"?)😖

Have a nice day!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cleaning It always has been. Years ago I worked with a man who made decent money and he admitted that his wife made more money than he did, didn't seem to bother him because he readily admitted it. They only had one child and didn't live large so I know there was disposable income there. One year he thought about giving his wife a year of weekly housecleaning as part of her Christmas gift. He decided not to because he knew his wife would clean the day before the person came to clean because she wouldn't want someone to see her house needing cleaning. Makes no sense but he knew that was what his wife would do.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Washing dishes. Don't even get me started on washing dishes. When our dishwasher died, I dealt with it for a while and we washed dishes by hand. Finally, I said to Rick, "Keep this up and I won't be cooking! Or baking! You want cookies? I want a dishwasher!" I think we had it by the end of that week. I hate, hate, hate washing dishes by hand. There should be a law.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely cleaning, it seems so pointless. You spend all day doing it and within a few days it looks the same as before.
:yeah:
I used to be really good about cleaning especially when the kids were young and we had more pets but once the youngins' grew up and moved out I started cleaning less and less. The one chore I despise the most is cleaning the shower, e.g. getting in-between the grout, scrubbing the tiles and shower base. :yelling:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While cleaning litter boxes rates high on my 'hate' list, weeding the gardens takes the top spot. It always seems that just when I finish them, I have to go back and do it again because those sneaky @&***#@##*s have returned.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I sort of actually enjoy cleaning but the one chore I totally hate is emptying the vacuum cleaner. Whether it is the one with bags or the supposedly no touch Dyson, you still get dust on your hands and probably face when you empty them and I hate it.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watering house plants. I can put this off forever, and I don't know why because it doesn't take long to get them all wet.

While cleaning litter boxes rates high on my 'hate' list, weeding the gardens takes the top spot. It always seems that just when I finish them, I have to go back and do it again because those sneaky @&***#@##*s have returned.
N NY cat man - Get some Preen and scatter that around after you weed. It keeps seeds from germinating.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to hate that too, then I discovered the wonderful worlds of mulch and straw…no more weeds! Plus a gardener showed me how to plant things closer together, which actually works! Biointensive farming, who knew!