Question of the Day: Sunday, February 27

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear a lot especially lately, particularly to myself when at 5am the cats outside manage to trip me and fall hard on my butt; or due to my Graham's nagging at 4am I make the mistake of feeding my indoor cats with my birds' food instead of kibbles -- just about anything which is my own doing. Then afterwards I get ashamed of myself.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dates are wrong. Sunday was the 26th. Today, Monday is the 27th.

I hate swearing. The only person that ever made me swear was my mother. Swearing means anger to me, and I don't like anger or violence.

I like to say:
What the heck?!
Oh man...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny...even though I swear quite a bit, there are two that I just never use. They are simply too vulgar for me, and don't come out naturally like other words...they're just not in my swear vocabulary. The "C" and the "P" words...referring to female anatomy....they're just gross, and
I didn't know there were so many potty mouths in this forum! I cuss like a SOB but now that I'm in Assisted Living
I try to tone it down. My parents did not swear much (Damn & Hell) and us kids were not allowed to. My nephew is a baptist minister and he would give me a look when I let one slip around his kids.

I use the "F" word but I have never used the "C" or the "P" word. They are just too Damn vulgar.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was a sailor, and some of those guys could peel paint with their invective, and conjure up new curses on the fly. I choose not to, though; I find it to be too limiting and too repetitive. Even the F- bombs have lost their sting from overuse, so what's the point?
I'm married to a Marine who is a truck driver. Imagine how my vocabulary grew when I got married! And I agree with the f bombs. Any word, especially those meant to shock, lose their sting.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ivwas raised not to cuss,swear etc. Im front of ladies,kids or my elders as it shows a lack of respect and makes your parents look badly likethey did a poor job raising you away from thosec 3 things i cannor will cuss up a storm when needed.