Question Of The Day, Sunday, August 20, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

it's been a busy week here for me, and so today my goal was to work on catching up on my sleep. other than a few hours, i slept all day and into the evening -- of course, getting up to make sure my kitties had their meals.

so with sleep on my mind (still)......let's talk about bedding!

What are your favorite kinds of bedding? (sheets, blankets, quilts, comforters, etc. for example, flannel/cotton/etc sheets, wool/microplush/etc blankets)

i'll start!

my favorite kind of sheets are jersey knit during the warm weather months, and microplush :cloud9: during the cold weather months. during the summer, i use a microplush blanket; during the spring and fall, i use a blanket as well as a quilt; during the winter i use at least one blanket (microplush) and a comforter. i like to sleep very warm! :D

how about you?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sweat so much I just have a cheap thin throw I buy at CVS to cover me up at night. I have a comforter on the bed but it is just for looks and my cats used to love it.

Ellen

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just regular cotton sheets for summer. Must have flannel for the winter; I can't survive without flannel sheets. With an electric blanket. And a quilt.

No offense micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , but I don't like the jersey sheets. Nor do I like the microplush material. For me, they stretch way too much.

In fact, I am desperately trying to find a king-size electric blanket like the old-style electric blanket, from similar material. The one we have now is a so-called "plush" which stretches all over the bed. And it's incredibly thin. Gosh, we hate that blanket and it just looks ridiculous. I've looked in Penny's, Sears, Boscov's, even online and can't find a decent electric blanket that's made from good material anymore.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cotton Fabrics made from natural materials are the most breathable which is why I use cotton sheets in summer. For winter I like the microfiber sheets because they resist pilling. I keep a comforter that matches our bedroom colors on the bed all year round. For winter warmth, Carleton is a great heating pad! :creampersian:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cotton sheets with a high thread count - 600 and more.

I tried flannel sheets but seemed to stick to them when moving around so out those went; many years ago.

Summer I have a light quilt on the bed. Winter I pile on the blankets, comforters etc.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
in summer only one linen sheet over me-it actually keeps me cooler than cotton. Found it in an old antique shop for more money than I wanted to pay but couldn't find new linen sheets anywhere. Most sheets now have polyester mixed into it and I just can't stand it.

in winter I have a plush red velvet blanket on me and Honeybee. I am way too hot for anything more. If it's like 0 out I have a quilt I use but comforters are too thick. Growing up I had a comforter I slept under.
Jon uses my comforters year round. Silly man. Maybe someday but for now the cat is enough to make me sweat lol. She hasn't slept on me all summer-too hot.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I recently bought new bed sheets from Target. They are 100% cotton and feel like bed sheets my grandmother washed and hung on the line to dry. I love them. In winter, I must have flannel sheets.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flannel. Only flannel, summer or winter. Smooth sheets are too sticky. I would like real linen too but it's too expensive :/.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite sheets I received as a gift. They are 100% cotton by Martha Stewart. They feel so great, especially when just laundered. I have had them a couple years and use them continually.
I love the look of microfiber, they show off prints and colors well, but I find them too slippery. (The pillowcase kept sliding right off the pillow).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite summer sheets are the Threshold brand from target. They feel cool and smooth. In the winter I like nice, soft flannel sheets! I keep our comforter on the bed year round. In the summer I'm in and out of it but in the winter I add a plush fleecy blanket and snuggle deep until I get hot and then I'm in and out of it again. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just regular cotton sheets for summer. Must have flannel for the winter; I can't survive without flannel sheets. With an electric blanket. And a quilt.

No offense micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , but I don't like the jersey sheets. Nor do I like the microplush material. For me, they stretch way too much.

In fact, I am desperately trying to find a king-size electric blanket like the old-style electric blanket, from similar material. The one we have now is a so-called "plush" which stretches all over the bed. And it's incredibly thin. Gosh, we hate that blanket and it just looks ridiculous. I've looked in Penny's, Sears, Boscov's, even online and can't find a decent electric blanket that's made from good material anymore.
cotton sheets for summer, and flannel sheets with an electric blanket and quilt during the winter!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

no offense taken...:) i haven't noticed mine stretching. :think:

you might look at hammacher schlemmer's electric blanket -- The Best Heated Blanket - Hammacher Schlemmer
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/88762?promo=search
and, uh-oh..a foot of the bed warmer -- The Foot of the Bed Warmer - Hammacher Schlemmer
i just might have to buy one of these!

i bought my heated mattress pad from hammacher, and it's truly the best. i've had it for about 7 years now, and never a problem and it's machine washable. :cloud9:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunbeam makes a great foot warmer. The control has three heats. They also make a variety of electric blankets. In truth, there are only about three electric blanket makers, but they sell under a variety of names. My husband wanted the Sunbeam ultra-plush. It's OK but I'd have preferred some other fabric. It does heat well, though, with about 10 different heat setting, plus a full-out preheat setting that switches to your preferred number after a certain length of time. It also has an automatic shutoff after 8 (?) hours. You can find a good variety at Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sweat so much I just have a cheap thin throw I buy at CVS to cover me up at night. I have a comforter on the bed but it is just for looks and my cats used to love it.

Ellen
a thin throw!!! :clap: very nice!!

ahhh, kitties just love soft blankets/comforters/quilts and such! :kneading:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cotton Fabrics made from natural materials are the most breathable which is why I use cotton sheets in summer. For winter I like the microfiber sheets because they resist pilling. I keep a comforter that matches our bedroom colors on the bed all year round. For winter warmth, Carleton is a great heating pad! :creampersian:
cotton sheets in the summer; microfiber sheets during the winter -- and a comforter all year round, to use as needed!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

and your Carleton is a great heating pad!! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cotton sheets with a high thread count - 600 and more.

I tried flannel sheets but seemed to stick to them when moving around so out those went; many years ago.

Summer I have a light quilt on the bed. Winter I pile on the blankets, comforters etc.
high thread count cotton sheets, a light quilt during the summer months, and during winter you 'pile on' the blankets and comforters!!! :cloud9: very nice!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunbeam makes a great foot warmer. The control has three heats. They also make a variety of electric blankets. In truth, there are only about three electric blanket makers, but they sell under a variety of names. My husband wanted the Sunbeam ultra-plush. It's OK but I'd have preferred some other fabric. It does heat well, though, with about 10 different heat setting, plus a full-out preheat setting that switches to your preferred number after a certain length of time. It also has an automatic shutoff after 8 (?) hours. You can find a good variety at Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond.
thank you for mentioning the Sunbeam foot warmer! i have a heated mattress pad, but my feet still always feel cold during the winter months. i'm thinking to look into some sort of reflective-heat extreme exposure for outdoors thick socks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in summer only one linen sheet over me-it actually keeps me cooler than cotton. Found it in an old antique shop for more money than I wanted to pay but couldn't find new linen sheets anywhere. Most sheets now have polyester mixed into it and I just can't stand it.

in winter I have a plush red velvet blanket on me and Honeybee. I am way too hot for anything more. If it's like 0 out I have a quilt I use but comforters are too thick. Growing up I had a comforter I slept under.
Jon uses my comforters year round. Silly man. Maybe someday but for now the cat is enough to make me sweat lol. She hasn't slept on me all summer-too hot.
a linen sheet during the summer months, and in the winter a plush red velvet blanket for you and your Honeybee!!! :clap: great!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently bought new bed sheets from Target. They are 100% cotton and feel like bed sheets my grandmother washed and hung on the line to dry. I love them. In winter, I must have flannel sheets.
100% cotton sheets for the summer, and flannel sheets for the winter months!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite sheets I received as a gift. They are 100% cotton by Martha Stewart. They feel so great, especially when just laundered. I have had them a couple years and use them continually.
I love the look of microfiber, they show off prints and colors well, but I find them too slippery. (The pillowcase kept sliding right off the pillow).
100% cotton sheets, by Martha Stewart!!! :clap: those sound great!! :agree:

i can identify with that! i used to prefer cotton sheets during the summer months, but they tended to slip up on the sides. i refuse to 'fight' with the bedding during my sleep time. i also never use a top sheet, for the same reason -- it tends to get all discombobulated, and then i'm 'fighting' with it during my sleep time. :nono: