Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/27/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love baking and play around with recipes. I have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Crispy edges, soft center. Those are my favorite. I also like London Fog melting moments and Chaidoodles (chia snickerdoodles with cardamom), too.
your favorite is chocolate chip with crispy edges and soft center, and you also like London Fog melting moments and Chaidoodles!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lord, cookies! Rick lives to eat cookies and I enjoy baking them. It works. I think I make more snickerdoodles than any other cookie because Rick loves them so much. Chocolate chip is close second for him.

Me? Well, it's hard to just pick one. I dearly love chocolate chip, but they have to be chewy. I have a recipe for lemon spongecake cookies that are frosted with a lemon icing. And then I sprinkle lemon sugar over the icing. Those are a really close second. And everybody seems to like them; when I make them, they go quickly.
for your DH it's snickerdoodles, with chocolate chip being a close second; and for you, your favorite is chewy chocolate chip cookies, and lemon frosted lemon spongecake cookies with lemon sugar sprinkled over the icing are a really close second!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! i had never heard of them before. they do sound like they'd be very good. :agree:

oh yes! i'd love to have the recipe! :D
Jubilees:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
Cream together til light and fluffy.
Beat in :
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Sift together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
Add dry mix to the butter,sugar,eggs & vanilla mix till combined.
Chill til a little firm and easy to roll into a ball.I use a small cookie
scoop,but they can be any size,or use a tablespoon to measure a 1" ball.
In a plastic bag,or your food processor,crush up a couple of cups of a cereal you like...can be chex mix,any grain, corn flakes...not to a powder...I leave some texture....put in a bowl and roll the cookie dough balls in that.Place on a cookie
sheet or parchment paper 1 1/2" apart and poke a hole in the center with the end
of a small wooden spoon (anything would work).Place a bit of your favorite jam,jelly,or preserves in that hole and bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.They will be lightly brown and a little firm.Sometimes the jam will run,but they're still yummy!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jubilees:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
Cream together til light and fluffy.
Beat in :
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Sift together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
Add dry mix to the butter,sugar,eggs & vanilla mix till combined.
Chill til a little firm and easy to roll into a ball.I use a small cookie
scoop,but they can be any size,or use a tablespoon to measure a 1" ball.
In a plastic bag,or your food processor,crush up a couple of cups of a cereal you like...can be chex mix,any grain, corn flakes...not to a powder...I leave some texture....put in a bowl and roll the cookie dough balls in that.Place on a cookie
sheet or parchment paper 1 1/2" apart and poke a hole in the center with the end
of a small wooden spoon (anything would work).Place a bit of your favorite jam,jelly,or preserves in that hole and bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.They will be lightly brown and a little firm.Sometimes the jam will run,but they're still yummy!
thank you for sharing the Jubilees recipe! :D

i'll plan on making some coming up soon! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or oatmeal cookies
Store-bought: chocolate-covered graham crackers or Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked Dark Chocolate Brownie cookies
that's a great group of favorite cookies!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

i've never tried Pepperidge Farms Soft Baked cookies, but i've always liked the Archway soft baked cookies. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like snickerdoodles and shortbread cookies best. I also like soft ginger cookies. Store bought are Oreos, Nutter Butters and Archway wedding cookies.
your favorites are snickerdoodles, shortbread, and soft ginger cookies, while your favorite store bought are Oreos, Nutter Butters, and Archway wedding cookies!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love red velvet cookies, chocolate cookies (all kinds!), Vienesse whirls, liebkuchen, Bourbons, Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers and shortbreads.
that's a wonderful group of favorite cookies!!! :clap: really very nice!! :D

i've never had red velvet cookies or cake, though i've been interested in making them. :think: