Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/27/19

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or oatmeal cookies
Store-bought: chocolate-covered graham crackers or Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked Dark Chocolate Brownie cookies

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like snickerdoodles and shortbread cookies best. I also like soft ginger cookies. Store bought are Oreos, Nutter Butters and Archway wedding cookies.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Christmas cookies, white chocolate and macadamia nut and chewy oatmeal and raisin!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love red velvet cookies, chocolate cookies (all kinds!), Vienesse whirls, liebkuchen, Bourbons, Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers and shortbreads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo I LOVE those Dare Maple Leaf cookies also. I'm not big on store bought cookies for the most part but those ARE delicious.

If homemade, I really like soft ginger cookies a lot. Hard to pass up. Or, Toll House cookies hot out of the oven.

As a kid, there used to be a cookie that isn't made anymore; was a soft vanillaish one with marshmallow and a very thin layer of jam sandwiched in it. Sort of looked like a Mallomar but without chocolate. Gosh I loved those. I probably ate way too many of them at a time.
your favorites are the Dare Maple Leaf cookies, and homemade soft ginger cookies or Toll House cookies hot out of the oven!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

my childhood favorite was the Freihofer Hermit cookies. i adored them! and they are no longer made. :sniffle:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oatmeal with walnuts
Chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and walnuts
Sugar Cookies with cream cheese an an ingredient
Mexican Wedding Cookies

Store bought
Oreo's double-stuffed
Keebler Fudge Striped
Animal crackers
Vanilla Wafers
you have a wonderful group of favorite cookies!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i'd never thought of adding walnuts to oatmeal cookies...:think:...those sound like they'd taste great! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I inherited my grandfather's shortbread cookie recipe, they melt in your mouth.
Every year before Christmas, I get asked if I'm going to make them. And of course, I always do! They are fantastic!
your favorite cookies are your grandfather's shortbread cookies!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

shortbread cookies are so very tasty! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love shortbread cookies! And Snickerdoodles. Great Harvest Bread Co. makes incredible cookies. I love their chocolate chip and their salted caramel cookies. And their cookie mixes are great! Yum.
your favorites are shortbread cookies, Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, and salted caramel cookies!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

Great Harvest Bread Co. has wonderful baked goods! :agree: there was one just up the street from me, when i lived in Rochester.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

I love both snickerdoodles and oatmeal semi-sweet chocolate chip but peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss on top are also a favorite. :yummy:
you love snickerdoodles, oatmeal semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss on top!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are London Fog melting moments? Sounds amazing.
Sorry to reply so late! You can take any melting moments recipe and add in 1 1/2 t finely ground Earl Grey tea (I use a double bergamot version) with 1/8 t finely ground lavender. I increase the vanilla by half. The same can be done with other teas and other cookies, but I am found of the melting moments version.

I use this recipe:
1 1/2 cup (210 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (60 grams) cornstarch (I have subbed rice flour with success.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Increased to 1 1/2 t for London Fog)

Add in tea and lavender with the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside
Cream powdered sugar and butter. Gradually, beat in the flour mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Roll into a log.
Slice dough into 36 pieces.
Roll each slice into a ball.
Place cookies onto parchment lined tray and bake at 350 F (175 C) for 12-14 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.

Pour powdered sugar onto a tray. Place cookies on the tray to cover the bottoms of the cookies. Dust moderately with powdered sugar.

I think I am making either those or my chocolate chip cookies today. It is so cold outside that I need cookies and hot tea!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does anyone choose a favorite cookie? I like anything that's soft and doesn't have coconut. Of course, crunchy cookies like Oreos and Nutter Butters are wonderful too.
you like any cookies that are soft and don't have coconut, as well as Oreos and Nutter Butters!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

that's a good question! for me, favorite cookies choose me. they call to me, some even in my dreams! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love peanut butter milk chocolate cookies. One of our grocery stores (Jewel) makes some to die for. I printed out a recipe that I will try to make soon. It's so cold here now butter won't soften when left out of the fridge.
your favorite is peanut butter and milk chocolate cookies, that (Jewel) grocery stores make!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

i think it's colder where you are, than it is here. though it definitely feels like the 'arctic tundra' here, too.

i hope that new cookie recipe turns out tasty! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think for a favorite store bought,I'd have to say the windmill cookies would be.Homemade?Oh my....I think I'd have to say a jubilee from Fanny Farmer's cookbook.
your favorites are windmill cookies for store bought, and jubilee's for home baked!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i really like the windmill cookies too! i think the ones available here are Lofthouse brand.

may i ask -- what are the jubilee cookies?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your favorites are windmill cookies for store bought, and jubilee's for home baked!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i really like the windmill cookies too! i think the ones available here are Lofthouse brand.

may i ask -- what are the jubilee cookies?
Jubilees are a soft vanilla dough that you roll in any kind of crushed cereal you like (we always used chex mix) so it's like a small ball,and you poke a small hole and fill with a bit of jam or jelly and bake.Oh to die for!Would you like the recipe?I'd be happy to share!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much for cookies, but I can't resist a homemade snickerdoodle (and I'll agree, shortbread is pretty tasty) or those peanut butter ones with the little chocolate kiss on top.
Usually dessert is a second or seventh portion of what I already ate :crazy:
your favorites are cookies you can't resist -- homemade snickerdoodles, shortbread, or peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kiss on top!!! :clap: those are wonderful cookies!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jubilees are a soft vanilla dough that you roll in any kind of crushed cereal you like (we always used chex mix) so it's like a small ball,and you poke a small hole and fill with a bit of jam or jelly and bake.Oh to die for!Would you like the recipe?I'd be happy to share!
thank you! i had never heard of them before. they do sound like they'd be very good. :agree:

oh yes! i'd love to have the recipe! :D