Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/13/19

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Apple or lemon meringue. I recently worked on a lemon meringue pie recipe that til I was finished, it completely filled the pie crust (most lemon meringue pies don't really fill a crust and what's the use in that?). And with the meringue, it was definitely over-the-top good! But I do love my apple pies, too, especially using brown sugar instead of granulated, and tons of raisins, with a pecan pie crust. Life doesn't get much better than that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Key lime, coconut cream, and pumpkin, in that order :yummy:
your favorites are key lime, coconut cream, and pumpkin!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

a ways back, i made a coconut cream pie -- it was a Jell-O pudding recipe. it had a thin layer of (had been melted) chocolate (in my case, carob) under the coconut cream pudding part. that thin layer of chocolate/carob made the pie extra tasty! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really love banana cream. With meringue OR whipped cream!
you love banana cream pie, with meringue or whipped cream!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i love bananas! i bake quite a few different desserts using them, and made a banana cream pie once that was very good -- that was using banana cream pudding.

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big pie lover, since I don't care for sweets too much. Apple would probably be my favorite. I prefer savory pies like shepherds pie, though.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love apple pie (I have an obsession with apple turnovers at the moment) though generally prefer savoury pies like chicken, shepherds, cottage etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like most pies and when it comes to my favorite it varies from day to day. I think my favorites would be apple, cherry, pecan and lemon meringue. Which one of those four I would say is my favorite varies depending on which day it is. The only ones I don't care for would be peach and any pie with raisins in it. I don't really care for raisins. I like a good ripe peach but I don't care for the texture when it is baked in a pie.
your favorite pie varies depending on which day it is, and your favorites are apple, cherry, pecan, and lemon meringue!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i think i've had apple pie with raisins in it, which i didn't like the raisins in it. and i also didn't like...cooked peaches, when i made a peach cobbler once. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love blackcurrent pie with a little or no sugar so its nice and sharp. A close second is blackberry and apple pie. A big dollop of clotted cream to make them perfect.
blackcurrent pie (with a little or no sugar, so it's nice and sharp) is your favorite, with a close second being blackberry and apple -- with a big dollop of clotted cream to make them perfect!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the fall months I love pumpkin pie but my absolute favorite is a four-berry pie, i.e. blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and blackberry. :yummy:
your absolute favorite pie is four-berry, and in the fall months you love pumpkin pie!!! :clap: those are great favorites!! :D

i've never tried a four-berry pie, and that sounds like it would be very good! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin, and lemon meringue. I only like apple pie if it's my own recipe. I peel and then cook the sliced apples with lots of brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. The crust is made with unbleached flour and Land O'Lakes butter (I love LOL Butter, as I think it has a sweet taste.). It's best served warm, with a scoop of Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean ice cream melting into it.
pumpkin, and lemon meringue pies are your favorites, as well as apple pie if it's your own recipe!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

your apple pie recipe sounds really wonderful!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big dessert pie fan but I do like Key Lime pie (NO meringue). I prefer savory pies like pot pies.
while you're not a big dessert pie fan, you do like Key Lime Pie (with NO meringue)!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i do love a good pot pie, as well as good quiche! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PECAN and PUMPKIN, as long as MAX shares the whipped cream, otherwise apple with HAAGEN DAZ Vanilla Bean ice cream!
pecan and pumpkin with whipped cream (with your Max sharing the whipped cream! :redheartpump:), and apple pie with Haagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream are your favorite pies!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

mmmm......apple pie with vanilla ice cream! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to know someone who made black walnut pies. Similar to pecan pie, but with all that black walnut goodness!
you really like black walnut pie, which is similar to pecan pie!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

i've actually never tried black walnuts. :dunno: i do really love walnuts, though.