Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/13/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

it's quite cold here this morning, about 14 degrees F. :cold: so i decided to go ahead and pop the two apple pies in the oven to bake early in the day. i just took them out of the oven......:yummy: they smell so good!

so for today's Question of the Day......

What is your favorite kind of pie?

i'll start!

i like most pies. :yummy: peanut pie, cherry pie, lemon pie (though not so big on meringue), pumpkin pie, and i just discovered pineapple pie -- never even heard of it before Thanksgiving this year, and i really like it.

i think my favorite is apple pie! :cloud9: likely because i absolutely adore apples.

How about you? What's your favorite kind of pie?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like most pies and when it comes to my favorite it varies from day to day. I think my favorites would be apple, cherry, pecan and lemon meringue. Which one of those four I would say is my favorite varies depending on which day it is. The only ones I don't care for would be peach and any pie with raisins in it. I don't really care for raisins. I like a good ripe peach but I don't care for the texture when it is baked in a pie.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love blackcurrent pie with a little or no sugar so its nice and sharp. A close second is blackberry and apple pie. A big dollop of clotted cream to make them perfect.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In the fall months I love pumpkin pie but my absolute favorite is a four-berry pie, i.e. blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and blackberry. :yummy:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Pumpkin, and lemon meringue. I only like apple pie if it's my own recipe. I peel and then cook the sliced apples with lots of brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. The crust is made with unbleached flour and Land O'Lakes butter (I love LOL Butter, as I think it has a sweet taste.). It's best served warm, with a scoop of Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean ice cream melting into it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big dessert pie fan but I do like Key Lime pie (NO meringue). I prefer savory pies like pot pies.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PECAN and PUMPKIN, as long as MAX shares the whipped cream, otherwise apple with HAAGEN DAZ Vanilla Bean ice cream!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them all but don't eat it now. Once in a while, I make a pineapple pie with a gluten free graham cracker crust. Recently I saw a recipe for pie crust using gluten free Cheerios. I have put this aside and might be able to have more pie in my future now since I will know two ways to do a gluten free crust.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go with coconut cream or anything with chocolate. I also like banana cream even though I really don't like bananas.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all kind of pies, but maybe my favorite is blueberry. I would like to try making a chocolate pecan pie, but can't deal with those calories. Can't deal with the corn syrup, either. That bottle would sit in the pantry for years. I just threw one out that had about a quarter cup used. The cap was glued on after so long, and I couldn't even pour out the syrup to recycle the bottle.

Did you see that British Baking show where Paul Hollywood asked the contestants to make an American pie and then gave them fluted pans to bake them in? He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.