Question of the Day, Saturday the 4th of June, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!

My ex-husband called recently and we talked about friends and what they were doing now. I asked about a certain friend and I then remembered an extremely awkward moment between us.

We were spending the weekend with his friend and girlfriend at their house. The house had a bathroom that had two doors from which you could enter,
It was very late and I walked into the bathroom at exactly the same time as our friend. We were both totally naked!! We both began laughing while I placed my left arm over my upper body and right hand over the lower part. I backed out and said 'you go ahead'. Soooo awkward and embarrassing!!

Tell us about an awkward moment you've had

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
my husband let some homeless boy in my apartment and it was very uncomfortable for me to have to sit here and have him on my bed and just hang here for hours on end .... plus he had a bad body odor too ! :dizzycat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The house had a bathroom that had two doors from which you could enter,
The apartments in Texas are like that! They have 2 doors, one on each side, that you have to remember to close and lock. I liked how the sink, mirror, closet are separate from the toilet/shower room, that was convenient.

what I saw was well.....positive!!, hee, hee
Ha! Maybe he's single?...I didn't know that you still talk to your ex, that's cool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! Maybe he's single?...I didn't know that you still talk to your ex, that's cool.
No, he married the girlfriend.

We still talk although I didn't appreciate it when he called me after his third marriage failed.....whining, ha!!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter had a tuxedo cat, but so did her neighbour across the road. I was sleeping at my daughters and went to put the rubbish in the outside bin. I saw who I thought was Annie run out of the gate. Obviously I was panicking thinking I'd let my daughters cat out. So off I went calling come on Annie baby trying to catch her indoor cat. It was dark and late I followed Annie's clone into his garden still trying to get close enough to grab him. Only to realise he wasn't Annie as I got near. As I was leaving the garden the lady came out and asked can I help you. I had to explain what I was doing trying to catch her cat. I wanted the ground to swallow me. Luckily she had seen my daughter's cat sat in the window and laughing told me she thought my daughter had stolen her cat until he walked up the street. They looked so alike.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally thought of a story I can share. I think I've tried to block the "worse" of my awkward moments.

So when DS was little there wasn't any kind of grocery pickup around here and the kids had to go with me. Walmart being Walmart took forever to get through. So I'd sit him in the cart. He was always chatty and just saying stuff (still does!) that pops in his mind or asking questions. It really wasn't unusual to have him absolutely belting out Jingles Bells in the produce aisle in July... I'd try to come up with things to entertain the kids; finding something yellow, looking for a letter, number, etc. So one day he's in the cart entertaining himself by naming body parts...elbow, knee, eye, etc... And then he *very loudly!* smacks both my boobs and says "AND THESE ARE YOUR ANKLES!!" :oops: I DID NOT correct him and he thought they were called ankles for a good 3-4 more years before I corrected him. :paperbag: :lol:

There was also one embarrassing time; again in Walmart, where he backed into a hanging cardboard shelf display at the end of an aisle and someone had left a bottle of powder on it with no lid. He got a heavy dusting from head to toe but he smelled really good! :lol: It took me a few minutes to find an employee so it could get cleaned up. But at least that one wasn't his fault! I generally do not like to draw attention to myself...so yeah...this kid does it for me! ;)

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My life is one awkward moment after another, so it's super hard to pick just one... 😅

The one that immediately comes to mind is from when I was still in high school. We had this cafeteria where you could sit during lunch and other breaks, it was in the centre of the school, so we often walked through it when getting from one side of the building to the other. This happened during a project week for us, so our schedule was different from the regular breaks, making the cafeteria basically empty, save for one pair of girls standing there, discussing something. A group of friends and I enter (and are amazed at the emptiness, it's never that barren). One of them has this soft breakfast cookie (I don't think there's a proper equivalent for it in other countries) that they want to throw out. I, being a former handball player, say, "I bet I can throw it into a bin on the other side of the cafeteria." They take me up on my bluff and hand me the cookie. I throw it with all my might, flinging it across the room

And I hit one of the girls that stood there square in the face...

I'm not even kidding, just a full headshot, and she was facing my direction.
I just wanted the ground to swallow me, I felt so horrible. There was so much empty space, I could've thrown it literally anywhere else. But of course, no such luck.
She basically yelled, "What the f*ck?!" and looked at me pissed off (I don't blame her).
I just kind of apologize, say I didn't mean to and probably couldn't hit someone like that if I tried and we quickly left.
I won a trophy for my project that week, but it'll always bring back that very embarrassing memory back
I really am an idiot😂

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a bit younger I had 2 men fought over me, both officemates. I was a bit of a naughty one back then and gave both the idea that they were both special to me. When news spread out around, I wanted to bury my face on the ground the moment people in the office started making fun out of it. It was not only awkward but 1000x embarrassing.

:biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was at the grocery store with my two-year-old in the shopping cart. We passed a very tall display of soup cans stacked in a pyramid. You can guess what happened - the two-year-old reached out and grabbed one of the lower cans. The whole display tumbled down.
I lived in fear of that kind of thing with DS! He might have knocked over a good size carin on a hike once. Fortunately I am 98% certain it wasn’t placed there for way finding because it’s a popular spot with very well defined trails. It hadn’t been there previous years. It also didn’t really look like a fancy one; even though it was big. I thought people were just adding to everyone elses work. It was still highly embarrassing and only my family was around to see it. Every adult and teenager in the group shrieked…I got that head to toe cold wave over me. :paperbag: Kids!