Question of the Day - Saturday, July 30th

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

We were hit with an incredible thunderstorm last night. Wind gusts of 115km/h, thunder, lightning, and LOTS of rain. It was amazing to watch, but nearly impossible to drive through. Anyways...

Do you like to watch thunderstorms?

I've loved to watch them since I was about 6 years old. I've always found them fascinating.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That missed here, and so did the storm farther east. Had that stuff here a couple of weeks ago - gave the kittehs their snack before bed, looked out and the poplars were on fire. Then the rain started, the wind came up and I heard a crash, saw a flash of light, and the power went out and so did the fire in the treetops. I did call the power company and report that the outage was in my yard and i would call back when I found out more. Lost 10 trees, including a 50yo blue spruce.
I hate storms but watch them with a morbid sense of fascination

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of like them except when the thunder booms so loud, the lightening is pretty tho. We had a few last night, really bad ones but not in my area.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely love t-storms! My son and I used to get up in the middle of the night, just to sit by the window in the living room and watch the lightning strikes. I still do sometimes and my son told me that he still does, too.

We've had some strikes hit a little too close to home, though, and sometimes I get nervous about them. We've lost trees to lightning. And my father got struck by lightning many years ago. But I'll sit and watch a t-storm until it peters out.

And Rigel, we've been at the beach during t-storms and they are awesome! I loved watching the clouds out at the horizon and all the lightning. It's just beautiful.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watching thunderstorms. If its at night when we're ready for bed, we'll open the blinds and watch while we fall asleep.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunderstorms are awesome and the more severe the better
I love to watch them and I am a trained storm spotter for the national weather service as well. This has been a great year in my area for storm lovers. Have had a lot of them this year

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love watching them and I always try to take pictures when the lightning strikes!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE thunderstorms!! Mother Nature's fireworks are the best!! But, I will say if they get too close, I do get a bit nervous. I respect Mother Nature, but I know when I need to get away from the windows and hide. One tornado in my life is enough!

But, I really think we're in for a good storm. It's been so hot a humid here something has a break. We've had storms going around us, and I thought we were going to have a good one yesterday, but we got wind, dark greenish clouds, and a tiny bit of rain, but no relief from the heat. It's going to be one heck of a show when it finally breaks.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love sitting at the window watching lightning. Midnight likes watching lightning to, and will join me

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE a good thunderstorm!
Actually I like storms in general, provided they don't cause too much destruction of course.

quarkthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love watching thunderstoms....especially since investing in a backup generator.

Now able to enjoy nature's fury without the nagging worry about power outages!