Question of The Day. Saturday 29th of May.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For years I had to report to work by 5:30 AM as a nurse. I naturally wake up every day at 4 am every morning no matter what time I go to bed at night, even after retiring. I am totally exhausted at 8 PM. People make fun of me going to bed early, but especially in the summer, it is wonderful to see the beautiful sunrises and get some work done in the cool of the early morning. I read for an hour when I first get up and get on the Cat Site. I have tried to change my schedule, but now that my cats are adjusted to it, they are good at telling me what time to get up and go to bed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think the last time I set an alarm was when we had a car coming for us at 4:30 AM to bring us to the airport. That was a few years ago. I was awake anyway when it went off. :lol:

I am definitely an early to bed, early to rise person. I wish I slept later. I've been waking up between 4:30 and 5:30 every day lately. Abby will start meowing for us by 4:30. The birds start right outside the window pretty early as well.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got two cats, hubby, and pre-set coffee starting up at 4:30 every morning. Sometimes I'll go back to sleep after the commotion dies down but usually I'll get coffee at 4:30 - 5 and go back to bed to read for awhile. I'm usually up by 6 or so.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:alarms dont work for me when the gf and i first began living together she had like 5 alarm clocks all set to about 15 minutes later than each other:rolleyes3: women and their need to "snooze"5 more minutes:lol:so i kinda got used to tuning out any alarms. i get up naturally at around 430 am each day feed graycie and get my coffee started:lol:if i am lucky she isnt ready to play yet and i get to enjoy that first cup to wake up

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get up at 7:30 on school days, to take the kids to school, but at 8:30 on weekends. I have an alarm, but on the few occasions I have forgotten to set it when the kids went back to school, I have woken up in time to get everyone ready because the cats know it is breakfast time and wont let me sleep in.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an alarm set on my phone, then a backup on my tablet. I do that because once my phone got unplugged during the night and died and I was late for work, lol. It's set for 6:25 but I usually hit snooze until 6:45, even though I know that's bad for your sleep cycle. I have to be at work at 7:30 and the commute is about 25 minutes right now because of construction (normally 15 minutes) so I try to leave home at 7:00-7:05. It doesn't take me very long to get ready in the morning. I prefer to sleep in as long as possible so I set everything up before bed so I can just grab and go.