Question of The Day. Saturday 29th of May.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

:sleep:

I'm feeling pretty sleepy today. I have to get up early for work on the weekends and I'm not a morning person.

How do you wake up in the morning? Do you have an alarm clock? Do you wake up naturally? Do your cats wake you up? I guess that would be alarm cats, right?

If it's a morning where I have to be up before 8 am I set an alarm, there's no way I'd wake up naturally before then. On the mornings I don't have to be up I try to sleep in, but I usually have cats walking over my head demanding breakfast a few minutes after 8. Then, once they've been fed, they spend the rest of the morning asleep.

:sleepycat:

How do you wake up?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an alarm for feeding the cats, though sometimes they wake me up early (don't get fed early, though) and also set alarms for feeding J overnight. Usually I get up for tge day when she's moving around instead of a feeding alarm.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I still live at home, my mum usually wakes me up. I can't sleep peacefully knowing I have an alarm set, and will wake up ever couple hours to be sure I haven't missed it. I do have an alarm cat that steps on my face to announce she's back inside. Not once, but closer to 3 times every morning... And not in a set time either.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone alarm is always set at 5:30 am, but I also always wake up naturally at 4am to go to the bathroom. Then I'd feed the cats, water the plants, scoop the litter box, prepare my lunch box to bring to work, etc. By the time my phone alarm goes off at 5:30 am, I would be ready to take a shower and leave for work at 6:30am.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an alarm clock set on the days I work in the mornings, just in case...however I rarely need it. I naturally wake up between 6:30 and 7:30 am, but the cats start the waking process sometimes as early as 5:00am. I'll never actually get up at 5, but whenever they come in for their mornings cuddles, I doze on and off until its time to get up.
Sleeping in is a thing of the past...I'm out of bed between 7 and 7:30 am, even on weekends.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I have to be up at an earlier time than usual I not only set one alarm clock but two, lol. ⏰ One electric and one manual. The manual one just in case the power goes out which has happened before. I rarely sleep late anymore but on the rare occasion I do I feel like I wasted part of the day. If I do oversleep Carleton is sure to let me know. First he meows loudly, then if I don't get up he jumps on the bed and gets in my face.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally go to bed at 10:00 pm and wake up between 7:00 and 8:30. After 43 years of alarm clocks to get up for work I would never use one on a daily basis. I try to avoid early appointments but if I have one I have Alexa wake me.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a couple of alarms for work days and then on non-work days I usually rely on my cats to wake me up, but it's usually the dog who wakes me up now because I don't want her to pee on the floor.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the TV in the other room timer set to turn on in the mornings with volume down low and just the gentle sound of voices, I hate waking with a start like with alarm clocks and such, makes me wake up grumpy. But the split second the TV turns on there is a thump on the bed and a little paw sneaks under the blanket and tickles my toes and then its playtime for a while then I finally get up and navigate to the nearest coffee cup..
Lot better than a few months ago when it used to be zoomies all over the bedroom first thing.