Question Of The Day. Saturday 17th Of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

What do you think would be the worst job to have to do?

For me it would be working as a nanny. I'm sure kids are adorable if they are your own, but having to take care of someone else's kids, changing nappies and that kind of thing, would be horrible for me.

Another job I could never do is being a nurse. Dealing with all that blood and stuff, emptying bed pans and cleaning up after sick people. How do nurses do it? That's a job I could never do.

How about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything involving physical work in heat and humidity. Growing up on a farm in Kansas I had to do it every summer and I do not tolerate heat and humidity well at all. I often end up with a sick headache. I think I actually had heat exhaustion a number of times and just didn't know what it was.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say anything working in the heat and humidity or working as a cashier. I could never ever do all that standing or deal with the nasty customers.

Muffy

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anything involving heights or ladders! I have a serious phobia of falling or rather the sudden stop at the bottom.

Or a vet. No way would I be able to be professional when people bring in abused or neglected animals. Or not throat punch the lady whom brings in her very sick (but treatable) cat, refuses to follow advice/ treatment and then the cat passes away (true story of a Bangle owner that went to my vets).

I definitely would never be able to do what they do!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anything that has to do with kids. I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a bad person. But I cannot tolerate screaming and whining children. Or barking dogs.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with the anything to do with children. I hate kids (except my son).

That, and scraping road kill from the highway. Skunks don't smell so good when they've been run over a few times. Not even the crows will touch them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any job having to deal with middle school through high school aged kids. some can be just so very thoughtless and even downright nasty. and at this point in my life, i don't put up with that.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dislike kids too. So definitely would hate working with them :hmmm: and side vent, I'm tired of people trying to pressure or convince me otherwise, or somehow make me appear unnatural or a bad person. I could go on and on but that is a discussion for another time.

Other jobs would include anything to do with nature's call - pee, the number 2's, toilets etc. Seriously, mad respect to folks who have to deal with things like sewers or have to handle things like porta potties! :worship:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I hate hot weather. I could never do outdoor construction or landscaping. As much as I love my garden and doing the work-I wouldn't like it full time. I too get heat sick very fast. I remember as a kid in school where we didn't have AC and I spent most of my time in the nurses office-it doesn't take much to make me ill.

I can take the cold but the heat-yuck.

And don't want to deal with the public. Kids or adults. There's so much stupidity out there I just don't have the patience for it. And someone said kids are cruel and yes the older I get=the more I hear nasty stuff out of their mouths. I don't even like restaurants anymore, I don't want to hear their disrespectful crap or screaming kids.

I much rather deal with inanimate objects = they don't tell me off, don't say nasty things or try to get people to turn back on me. I will stick to animals and objects. They don't hurt me like humans do.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably anything with driving. I don't mind driving when I know where I'm going; but definitely not in unfamiliar areas or extra large vehicles. And in all sorts of weather. My DH drives about 98% of the time we go places together. His family used to be shocked that I don't help with the driving on our trips to visit them. I make a much better co-pilot/backseat speedometer. :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anything involving heat. I'm sick in no time flat. Or possibly getting fecal samples from rattlesnakes, OR holding the snake's head while someone else gets the swab. YES, that's a real thing.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything involving children especially young ones.
Proctologist or podiatrist. No one goes to see these people when everything is good and healthy. :cringe:
Waitressing. I've done it and hated it.
Sales. Done that and hated that too.
Anything requiring being outdoors for long periods of time. Especially in the heat or cold.
Nurse. I'm not dealing with people's bodily fluids and sick people are usually pretty whiny.
Anything in a nursing home. I've worked in one. I'm not sure that there are any places more depressing.
Working with dogs. They are too high maintenance and the barking? NO thanks. The more dogs I meet, the more I love cats. :lovecat3:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would hate to stand at an ironing board and iron all the time. I absolutely hate ironing.

Tornado Tammy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Telephone Customer Service in a Govt. Benefits Office! Not all the clients were rude, swearing and cursing and demanding immediate and urgent access to more money, but there were plenty of them and they certainly made things VERY difficult for the CSR.
Sadly though, that type of person seemed to be in the majority. But it was always very refreshing to have a polite and courteous caller with genuine needs!