Question of the Day - November 11, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Veteran's Day to all our Veterans. I noticed all the local schools are closed today. Since I homeschool my kids I don't usually pay any attention to the schools around us. But I'm thinking of giving my kids a half day of work so we can do a few other things. 🤔 And enjoy today's nice weather.

What would you do with an unexpected day off?

My normal answer would be to put up my feet with my nose in a book/kindle. But I think if we to shorten our workload today I'm going to do some yard work. We are expecting some freezing temps this week so it's really a good time. (Although I know I still have some errant tomatoes on the ground too. Those would be easier to pick up frozen... :paperbag: )

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a veteran, I'm enjoying the day off... might do a little work on the skirting around my home today, give myself a quick haircut too with ye olde electric clippers, I won't want to deal with it during the work week ahead. Meh, at least it's a short work week, LOL. I use attachments for the clippers, so each haircut only takes about 10 minutes... just another way to save money in this Brave New World, and at my age it's all about comfort, not style, LOL. Tonight, a good meal and a solid 8 or 9 hours of sleep to start my week off right... quality time with the kittehs too. Cheers!!! :petcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Normally if I have a day off and the weather cooperates I spend it outdoors. However, if it's like today, i.e. snow and freezing temps, I will make a warm cup of coffee, watch an on-demand show and curl up with my latest library book since I'm off work and don't have anywhere I have to be.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I work for the county, so I have off today. I've been working in the shed and raking leaves while Rick (who is always off now!) is taking the chain saw to the tree that fell last week.

If I have an unexpected day off work (snow, for example, which doesn't happen often), I'd be baking in the kitchen. I love to bake when it's snowing outside.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a veteran, I'm enjoying the day off... might do a little work on the skirting around my home today, give myself a quick haircut too with ye olde electric clippers, I won't want to deal with it during the work week ahead. Meh, at least it's a short work week, LOL. I use attachments for the clippers, so each haircut only takes about 10 minutes... just another way to save money in this Brave New World, and at my age it's all about comfort, not style, LOL. Tonight, a good meal and a solid 8 or 9 hours of sleep to start my week off right... quality time with the kittehs too. Cheers!!! :petcat:
Thank you your service.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did not have the day off and really had not thought about it being a holiday. But traffic was light so I got home a little earlier.

When I do have a day off I usually use it to make headway on my latest project, or catch up on chores. I usually do not set the alarm but usually wake up by 6 anyway. And I spend a little extra time playing/cuddling the cats.

If I had a day off with nothing that needed to be done, I would play with cats, read, sew/knit/crochet while watching an old movie. But I don't foresee that happening any time soon

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I no longer work but when I did, I would usually have a nice lunch somewhere, buy some treats like cream puffs,
a great carrot cake or chocolate cake, I loved a bakery in Columbus, The French Loaf, and would buy bread, maybe
a few small tarts as well as a cake.Maybe have my nails done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up getting a good bit of yard stuff done with our "unexpected" time off. All my flower pots are emptied and stacked away. I still had blooms on one plant and until a few days ago I had blooms on a few others too. But I don't want them to start cracking so they are all empty now and the birdhouses have been cleaned out.

An unexpected day off is good once in a while. We all need a chance to rest and regroup. It's good for you!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go out to lunch or dinner and shopping. If it was under 50 degrees F, then I would stay home with my cats and cook and watch a movie.