Question Of The Day - Monday, October 7, 2019

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmmmmmm.... scissors, rolls of scotch tape, nail files, nail clippers, tweezers, pens.... I'm sure there are more.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, we have several "collections". Some are on purpose and others are because of other people or by accident.
For whatever reason, I have a thing for "office supplies", I have stopped buying that kind of stuff but only because I have enough to last me a decade. Except for small note pads, I go thru note pads like it's going out of style.
I'm not a hoarder, but I do have issues with wasting things, so I often accept things from others, especially old stuff and antiques that they are simply going to throw away. I now have a collection of things that will be going in a tard sale in the spring.
I have a huge collection of different glass ware (vases and other "containers"), as well as a multitude of crystal and wine glasses. I don't even drink wine!
Cat stuff is always somewhere in my house, but that one is because other people tend to buy "all things cat" for me all the time.
My husband got on a kick of collecting all the Family Guy "action figures". They are all in boxes in our storage room. I wish he would either display them or sell them. Some of them are worth quite a bit, but he wants to wait till they're worth "big bucks" and because of that, wants to keep them in their boxes, which would look stupid on display.
Other things I seem to have too much of include...
kitchen stuff, key chains, games and cards, books, tools, reusable bags, candles and candle holders, Christmas stuff, art and beading supplies, and of course, cat toys!
I also still have many things that we can't seem to get rid of, like all our cassette tapes and CDs, VHS tapes. We have pretty well all of the original gaming consoles (nintendo, comador, sega, super nintendo, game boy..etc...) as well as some games that go with them, and they all work too!

Yeah, we just have too much stuff...

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now have a collection of things that will be going in a tard sale in the spring.
OMG! YARD sale not tard sale!:lol:
I mean no disrespect to all the yard sale goers out there!!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't intentionally collect anything, but I do find myself with lots of hygiene products that I think I need. I have like 9 sticks of deodorant in my bathroom because it was on sale. I also have a lot of shampoo and conditioner (again on sale). I'm also a little obsessed with bedsheets. I have a hard time finding bedsheets that don't start to make me feel uncomfortable either from pilling or some other reason, so I have a lot of bedding.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unintentionally? The answer would be dog treats and poop bags. I think I've got them in the pockets of every jacket I own.
Ever had a roll of bags fall out of your pocket when you're in line and take off down the row of people who are watching you scramble after a 200 foot line of plastic?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever had a roll of bags fall out of your pocket when you're in line and take off down the row of people who are watching you scramble after a 200 foot line of plastic?
That is hilarious!
:flail::flail::flail:
Don't tell me that when you finally caught up to it, you ended up kicking it instead, continuing the unravel again.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hilarious!
:flail::flail::flail:
Don't tell me that when you finally caught up to it, you ended up kicking it instead, continuing the unravel again.
No, but I'm sure at some point my foot will be sure to try that :lol2::lol2::lol2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No but I've chased a receipt through the air in Walmart's parking lot. Every time I tried to grab it it would fly farther away; hovering in the air just out of reach... :hmmm: :paperbag: I'm sure I entertained somebody. Good thing my kids didn't laugh. :rolleyes:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but I've chased a receipt through the air in Walmart's parking lot. Every time I tried to grab it it would fly farther away; hovering in the air just out of reach... :hmmm: :paperbag: I'm sure I entertained somebody. Good thing my kids didn't laugh. :rolleyes:
Just this past week I had to grab some tin panels, getting them to the truck was bad enough but lifting them out of the cart on a windy day made quite a show. I'm just glad no one ran over any of them.