Question Of The Day - Monday, October 7, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's almost feeling like fall in my neck of the woods. I even went and got my obligatory pumpkin spice coffee the other day. It wasn't REALLY cool enough; but I needed coffee before tackling a major deep cleaning of my master bedroom; which is always the most neglected room of the house. It almost looks like a retreat now. Even the farthest reaches of under the king size bed have been vacuumed now. :banana1: (Thanks to DH; I couldn't move the mattress myself. ;))

DH doesn't like clutter. He always fusses at me for leaving stuff on his dresser. But during my deep cleaning I counted 27 - TWENTY SEVEN - of his "work pens". Pens issued by his job. Approximately 7 were found under his dresser. But still; I am clearly not the only one cluttering up his dresser. :flail:

Do you tend to "collect" anything?

For me; it's notebooks and composition books. I find them all over the house and in various tote bags that go places with me. I did clear out the underside of my night table to store a lot of my notebooks and things. So that helps; but I still have a school stash for the kids both in the school room and a drawer in my closet designated for extra school supplies. :paperbag:

I do take some notes on my phone; but it's just not the same as a notebook with a good pen. :cloud9:

I also have a lot of mechanical pencils. More than we need for school; but those feel more justified because both kids are writing more these days. I have my own pen stash too. But that's not as out of hand yet. :paperbag: I gotta have stuff to write in all those notebooks with right!? :agree:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I go through phases where I am really into something. I usually end up *needing* all the different ones within the description. It’s part of why I try not to collect things in general or start buying parts of sets. When I was collecting trading pins from Disneyland I limited myself to cat pins (with cats as the primary) or cast member exclusive pins. I did a complete set of the Pokémon trading card 20th anniversary cards, which those last few cards were ridiculous to get. Right now I really like a local artist bitty bots (polymer clay sculptures), luckily they are each one of a kind and come out randomly.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do collect old pottery and glassware. But other than that I am a bit compulsive about stockpiling certain things, like cleaning products and soap. The only bar soap I can stand the smell of is Dial Power Berries so I have about a dozen boxes of six stockpiled and also a half dozen bottles of my favorite liquid soap.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too many things.

Miniature raku pottery.

Artwork by Mab Graves (look her up - she's fantastic, works in all kinds of mediums and has prices from really inexpensive to outlandishly expensive. Her rep lives near my which makes it even more dangerous :tongue:

Fiestaware (although not so much anymore)

Various other kinds of artwork done by friends and co-workers; paintings, quilts, photos, sculptures, pottery, etc. I like being able to support up and coming artists in general but it's even better to have pieces from the people I love.

Books from favorite authors - preferably signed when possible.

Other stuff here and there but those are the main things. I think

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to collect fridge magnets... have enough now so I don't bother anymore. I have a cool collection of old posters, mostly travel posters from the late '60s which feature various locations in Greece (lived there for five years when I was young). I have a couple of posters of the Sundance Kid as well, you can see one in my avatar, LOL. I have a fair amount of nautical decor in my home, since I'm a lifelong small craft sailor. The usual collection of hand & power tools that any gearhead and "home moaner" would have... plus two sorting trays and three plastic coffee tubs full of odds & ends (nuts, bolts, screws, minor bits of hardware), a diverse collection which has taken me decades to amass, LOL. I never throw away hardware that's still useful, only damaged or corroded junk. Whenever & wherever I move, that assorted hardware collection goes with me!!! I can't possibly remember how many times I've dumped those tubs and gone through the assortment looking for the right piece of hardware for that moment... must have done this a thousand times over the decades, LOL. :confused:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a huge collection of "cat stuff"...dolls,mugs,plates,figurines,fabric...have been trying very hard to not do that anymore.A small collection of dachshund stuff...
Pens galore,fabric galore...but mostly these days I've been collecting recipes,and the notebooks to write them all down in.Jeesh!I sometimes pity my son and daughter in law having to go through it all......

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm trying to down size and become more minimalist, so I don't deliberately collect anything. I do hoard shampoo, conditioner, soap, face creams and things like that though. In case my supply chain is suddenly cut off and I have to face a zombie apocalypse with clean, shiny hair.

:D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to down size and become more minimalist, so I don't deliberately collect anything. I do hoard shampoo, conditioner, soap, face creams and things like that though. In case my supply chain is suddenly cut off and I have to face a zombie apocalypse with clean, shiny hair.

:D
I think that between the spooky forest and the tanuki, the zombies would steer clear of your area. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have to have some sort of notebook near me. Once a year I buy one from Levenger.com when they are on sale. It's a bright melon color and the paper is moleskin, so nice to write on. I also have about 4 other smaller notebooks so I'll always have one near me because I am constantly writing things down. I also have many medium point gel pens in black, blue, pink, and teal.

I've also started collecting paper weights that I've found at garage sales.
When I can afford it, old Fiestaware. I have some new in cobalt blue. I bought a set of the original glasses with the stripes around them but I broke them in about a year.