Question of the Day - Monday, February 12, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Valentine's week. :redheartpump:

Do you listen to Podcasts?

I listen occasionally if I can put earbuds in while doing something; maybe 2-3 times a year. Or if I know someone is covering a particular topic of interest. They can be interesting. But in general I'm not drawn to them very much. I'd rather read than listen in. And it seems like there are just so many out there. People can easily spread misinformation while appearing credible. It's super annoying. I do think they might be more enjoyable if I had a commute or something and wanted a change from music. Some people do put out transcripts of their podcasts and that's helpful to me if I want to take in what they are saying but don't have 45 minutes to sit there and listen.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a general practice, no, although once in a while, if a particular one piques my interest, I might listen long enough to find out for sure.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neil Tyson deGrasse’s Star Talk podcasts are hilarious! Also check out the Radio Garden app which is kind of like a podcast.
My husband and I went to one his live discussions in NYC some years ago. It was at the Planetarium. My husband got to ask him a question and was so star struck (no pun intended) that he could barely form the sentence LOL.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I walk to work, which with the back and forth adds up to about an hour of walking a day. I don't always listen to podcasts on my walk, but I do sometimes. They're mainly dog related podcasts, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watch a lot of YouTube videos that are podcasts too and I listen to maybe one or two podcasts as podcasts.
Sometimes I will read the transcript of a podcast/live on YouTube. The problem is the auto captioning it comes from isn’t always accurate. It’s usually still understandable though.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't listen to podcasts. And I even went to a class on Podcasts at the Senior Center and made note of a lot that sounded interesting. But nope, don't really have an interest in it. I do usually watch on FB a live show featuring yarn for sale on Hobbii.com. They offer a 40% discount for the ones they feature, and I'm so addicted to yarn.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like listening to stuff. I think I have a touch of Sensory Processing Disorder, so it's hard for me to get everything when listening. I have to use the captions when watching shows/movies. When I do need to listen to something, I try to find the transcript. . .might as well just read it!