Question of the Day - Monday, April 22, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is your favorite sport to watch or play?

I have always considered myself non-athletic; so any kind of competitive sport just isn't for me. I don't like watching most professional sports but I can tolerate baseball. I enjoy things like gymnastics and figure skating much more. Swimming and diving are also ok to watch.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a big NASCAR fan and have been all my life,so every weekend during their season,I'm watching.I also enjoy watching figure skating and gymnastics during the Olympics.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not into sports at all either to participate or to watch. That goes back to when I was a kid, the last one picked for teams at recess time. I would have rather not participated at all but that wasn't an option. I wish there was something that I enjoyed so I wouldn't be doing the exercising because I know I need to for health reasons.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really play any sports--I'm not very athletic in general.

Watching--I've started losing interest in many of the sports I used to enjoy watching. I liked watching figure skating before the rule changes that seem to make every routine look just like every other routine. I liked to watch baseball before other rule changes that make the game seem all hollowed out. I think the only thing that I still like watching is downhill skiing and ski jumping.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am of a generation where the sport was ballet. I don't have any interest in team sports, probably logically, but will watch figure skating and tennis.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, (okay, a whole lot younger) I played sandlot baseball and football (tackle, and nobody had money for pads or helmets), but now I would rather watch paint dry than any sporting event.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baseball is the only professional sport I find interesting, although I could see myself liking hockey since I liked when I got assigned to play in the pep band for the high school hockey games instead of the basketball games (but I also hate basketball).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't mind watching baseball, but I get bored by the second inning and go off to do something else.
Dog agility is my sport of choice, along with recreational swimming and horseback riding but I haven't done either in years, unfortunately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to watch hockey and baseball. I like to play tennis, pickle ball and pretty much anything that involves cardio.
Hockey is almost ok. Probably because I used to go to my cousin’s games. They used to sell these Odie (from Garfield) shaped lollipops that I loved at the concession stand. That’s what I remember best. :lol:
I'm a big NASCAR fan and have been all my life,so every weekend during their season,I'm watching.I also enjoy watching figure skating and gymnastics during the Olympics.
My bedroom as a teen backed to the foyer and living room. Every Sunday nap had the “neeyoom neyoom neyoom” of NASCAR as its soundtrack. 🤪 The fact that DH was not a fan was definitely a point in his favor. 😆 I also got dragged to watch drag racing live as a kid. (Loud noises like that always bothered me. Plus the heat and crowds.) The poor guy at church who asked me out to go to a nascar race with his family by sending a note through the pastor was destined for failure with that one. Poor kid! Sometimes I wonder if my dad is disappointed he didn’t pass on the racing bug.
I am not into sports at all either to participate or to watch. That goes back to when I was a kid, the last one picked for teams at recess time. I would have rather not participated at all but that wasn't an option. I wish there was something that I enjoyed so I wouldn't be doing the exercising because I know I need to for health reasons.
I was always picked last too. At least after the first time or two in gym class. I still think they should offer some kind of alternative PE in schools. Paddling a kayak and hiking are way more fun than proving I’m still not good at volleyball, tennis, basketball, football, track, cross country, lacrosse, archery, dodge ball, rope climbing, or gymnastics. 😜 I could have benefited from finding a way to enjoy moving my body instead of seeing it as negative.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hockey is almost ok. Probably because I used to go to my cousin’s games. They used to sell these Odie (from Garfield) shaped lollipops that I loved at the concession stand. That’s what I remember best. :lol:

My bedroom as a teen backed to the foyer and living room. Every Sunday nap had the “neeyoom neyoom neyoom” of NASCAR as its soundtrack. 🤪 The fact that DH was not a fan was definitely a point in his favor. 😆 I also got dragged to watch drag racing live as a kid. (Loud noises like that always bothered me. Plus the heat and crowds.) The poor guy at church who asked me out to go to a nascar race with his family by sending a note through the pastor was destined for failure with that one. Poor kid! Sometimes I wonder if my dad is disappointed he didn’t pass on the racing bug.

I was always picked last too. At least after the first time or two in gym class. I still think they should offer some kind of alternative PE in schools. Paddling a kayak and hiking are way more fun than proving I’m still not good at volleyball, tennis, basketball, football, track, cross country, lacrosse, archery, dodge ball, rope climbing, or gymnastics. 😜 I could have benefited from finding a way to enjoy moving my body instead of seeing it as negative.
I may never have gotten interested in racing at all if it weren't for my folks and a dear family friend of ours back in the day.My Dad drove the ambulance for years at one of our local tracks and my Mom was a scorekeeper (they did it by hand back then if you can imagine!),and the friend was a huge distributor of Quaker State oil.I started going to the track when I was little and I guess it just stuck!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only sport I ever liked was F1 racing, and that was only when Michael Schumacher was in his glory days at Ferrari. When he left I stopped watching. I have zero interest in other sports and detest the national obsession, Australian Rules football. Neither do I play anything. I haven't since I was old enough to opt out of phys ed classes at school.