Question of the Day, May 18, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: Today's question is about our wonderful, intelligent and lovely cats.
Carleton has our routine down pat and definitely knows how to get his point across. When I wake up he makes a beeline downstairs for the kitchen to get fed. He sits in front of the cabinet where I keep his food and stares intently at it as if to say, "Open Sesame." :biggrin:

QUESTION OF THE DAY
- WHAT DOES YOUR CAT DO TO GET HIS/HER POINT ACROSS?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of mine do that, too. But my favorite is when Mingo wants to be fed and he becomes lovey-dovey. If I'm sitting in a chair, he hops into my lap and rubs his face all over mine, purring and chirping.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mystery sits on my bed next to me and paws at my arm.If I don't react in what she thinks is fast enough,a claw or two come out and she paws again.Point made!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia will head butt me or whine.

Sparkle will scratch the couch, meow, or just generally make sure she's always in your line of site. And sometimes she'll go after Lelia when she's hangry.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow just stares and whimpers. Think cat too weak to meow and that is what I hear from her. It’s very effective at getting whatever she wants. Lola, on the other hand makes loud demands and if you have annoyed or scared her will bite your legs.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when Austin wants food, he'll sit in the doorway to the dining room (the food prep area) and watch me. When I get up or move toward him, he'll meow.
Cricket is very good at getting her point across, by meowing at me, or starting to walk down the hall (or wherever she wants me to go) and looking back to see if I"m following her. She likes to have company (me) while she explores or at night in "her" room when she's going to sleep.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy is a little brat and smacks me whenever he wants, when I walk by him, when I pet him (even when he wants to be petted), when I feed him. It's non-stop with him. Flora follows me around and then stretches up my leg to get my hand so I will pet her. She'll follow me too and then jump on anything that is higher up and then try to get me to come over and pet her. Maisie just hovers and breathes heavier. That's how I know when she wants dinner is because I can hear her breathing often before I even see her. :lol:

Ann-Marie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2 of my 3 kitties go outside on leash and harness - other one didn't really take to the leash and harness so the closest he gets is an open but securely screened window. Anyway - Panda one of my girls will go to the back door and meow walk in circles looking from me to the door while meowing! Then once I get her leashed up and outside most of the time she wants to sit and smell and eat grass before leading me around the yard and neighborhood. So I sit down in my lawn chair. When she decides she's ready to walk - she jumps in my lap and rubs her cheeks on my chin then jumps back down and looks back at me - as if to say "come on let's go already."

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nilah, like a lot of cats, does the paw tappy thing.
Sundar, also like a lot of cats, is far more vocal. :rolleyes2:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My Graham yells. And yells. And won't stop until I figure out what she needs.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the most part they collectively all sit together and stare at me, waiting for me to do the right thing :lol:

But for their individual moments....

Tintin: Hollers and wails or flops on his side
Morgana: Knocks over glasses or cups from the counter (She is deaf, so she discovered a sure fire way to make noise and get attention lol)
Batbat: Kitty-cat dough eyes and rubs up against you, using her most adorable meow. She knows she is super cute and uses it!
Bijou: Boops with her paw or forehead
Phryne: Boops with her paw
Liffey: Looks at me and then trots over to the thing she wants to get me to follow
Tippy Toes: Trills

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both will holler if they want to go out back into the screen room. They just stand at the sliding glass door and yell. Lilith is very particular about water and if there is something about the water in her dish she doesn't like, she will sit next to the dish and stare at me until I get up and get her fresh. She will only drink bottled spring water and loves to watch me fill the dish. She will not drink until I leave though. :rolleyes2:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chester will just sit and stare at me, meow at me in his "hey pay attention to me" meow, or will try to grab at me with his paw.
Bynx will stare also, start knocking things off whatever he's sitting on while staring me down, or give little nips/love bites.
Lilly just muscles her way to where she wants to be, or will try to get me to follow her by running away but stopping to look back like, "aren't you coming?"
They all head butt too.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee will headbut either us or the laptop, and lately he's developed an adorable habit of tapping us on the shoulder with his paws. He'll also start being very cuddly and cute, and will rub against us meowing.

Fudge normally meows and does a face off with us, or start knocking newspapers or whatever is on the side off.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Litter tray dirty or needs stirring...runs out of laundry and peeks around the corner and lets out what I call the 2 minute meow.
Play time if I arent paying attention..starts tugging my socks off
Dinner time sits next to his bowl and lets out a single .MA!!... and a smiley cute face......so polite.