Question Of The Day, Friday, September 14

Megsnan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My local supermarket makes a ruby red grapefruit salad dressing in the summer that I know sounds like yuck but it’s amazingly refreshing. It’s mixed with balsamic to take the edge off of the sweetness.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My local supermarket makes a ruby red grapefruit salad dressing in the summer that I know sounds like yuck but it’s amazingly refreshing. It’s mixed with balsamic to take the edge off of the sweetness.
No, it sounds wonderful! I love grapefruit and I love balsamic vinegar. I’ll have to experiment!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like almost anything vinegar based; as long as it isn't TOO sweet. I'm not a fan of raspberry balsamic for that reason. Right now I have a bottle of Olive Garden's dressing. For pasta salad I always make my own.

DH has been making up his own by just putting a light drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling basil and oregano right on his salad. No vinegar at all. He says it's good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to make the Good Seasons italian dressings all the time. We like the classic italian one and the garlic and herb. I used to use different vinegars in them to mix it up but my favorite is red wine. I also like the Olive Garden italian dressing which they sell bottled in stores. DD and I are big blue cheese and ranch fans and the only ones I like are the ones sold in the produce section of the grocery store. Marie's and Lighthouse. Marie's blue cheese is a classic. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like almost anything vinegar based; as long as it isn't TOO sweet. I'm not a fan of raspberry balsamic for that reason. Right now I have a bottle of Olive Garden's dressing. For pasta salad I always make my own.
I like almost anything vinegar based; as long as it
isn't TOO sweet. I'm not a fan of raspberry balsamic for that reason. Right now I have a bottle of Olive Garden's dressing. For pasta salad I always make my own.
DH has been making up his own by just putting a light drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling basil and oregano right on his salad. No vinegar at all. He says it's good.
I did not know you could buy Olive Garden's salad dressing. I love their Salad Dressing and their salad.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The supermarket that I go to sells their signature Italian and Parmesan Ranch. It is a little on the pricey side but I sometimes get it anyway.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thousand Island or Russian. I also like Ken's Country French.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The supermarket that I go to sells their signature Italian and Parmesan Ranch. It is a little on the pricey side but I sometimes get it anyway.
I haven't been able to find their ranch but their italian is so good