Question Of The Day, Friday, September 14

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess: I'm home today, waiting for the cable guy to show up this afternoon. A nice, three (possibly four) day weekend!

I made a simple chopped salad last night for my supper. For dressing, I sprinkled on some Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar. Delicious. I'm a big fan of vinegar anyway, esp balsamic vinegar. A few years back we had a raspberry and fig balsamic vinegar that was yummy. There are always several kinds of vinegar in our kitchen.

What is your favorite bottled-type salad dressing? Do you make your own dressings? If so, what do you make? Do you prefer creamy-type dressings or oil-type dressings?

Around here, I usually go with a vinegar dressing. It's simple and easy. And really good. But I also like blue cheese and honey French. When I make my own, it's usually a vinegar-and-oil type, but I can make a good smoky 1,000 island dressing. And I always make my own Caesar salad dressing (sans anchovies).

How about you?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love ranch dressing and pick up a bottle whenever I see it. I like creamy dressing, but hubby hates it. And vinegar. I'm not good at making anything other than French or Russian dressing, so I usually buy a prepared seasoning mix and add water and oil.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my recipe app, they have me make my own dressings, so at home I make whatever it calls for, usually oil and vinegar types, but occasionally creamy.

At a restaurant I like to splurge with bleu cheese or caesar dressing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar, drizzled on my salad..

Sometimes I get a hankering, for Creamy Italian, or Caesar...

But I absolutely need croutons and cheese in a salad!!!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We eat so much salad that I’d have to buy bottled dressing by the case! Fortunately, we prefer oil and vinegar. I buy the large containers of EVOO and balsamic vinegar from Costco.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Greek dressing. Hard to find so I just add feta and chopped olives to zesty Italian dressing. I love homemade ranch, don't like store ranch dressing for ranch. I like mixing them up. Im weird.
Greek dressing nut here, too.
A local tavern around here makes their own house dressing and it's so good but they won't tell me what's in it, even if I say "don't make me beg". :D

Flaxseed oil is pretty good, too.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just get bottled dressing. I want different kinds I guess depending on my mood. I get Honey French dressing in a Kroger store brand. I occasionally get Blue Cheese in the same store brand. I splurged on Olive Garden Italian and Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch from the grocery the last time I went. I usually am not that crazy about Ranch but I liked the Parmesan Ranch. Olive Garden dressings are expensive at the Supermarket so I don't think I will be buying them regularly.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys... I had to have a Greek Salad with homemade dressing-- from the Greek place who made the salad... extra feta and the freshest pita bread!!!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caesar!

Made better if it was bacon Caesar dressing :cool2:

A close second would be Ranch.

I really don't like anything else at all - I'm pretty one-visioned in the salad world.