Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Friday, May 24

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Winchester, May 24, 2019.

1. lizzie

lizzie TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 29, 2002
    missouri
    I prefer my shower in the morning...don't have a tub.If I've mowed the yard or have done something else outside,then I'll shower again,and usually with lye soap in case I "found" any poison ivy.

foxxycat, Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

2. sivyaleah

sivyaleah TCS Member Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Shower. I don't enjoy baths. Always in the morning because if I do it at night my hair tends to look wonky in the morning. Or at least, I think so. Plus it's good to wake myself up fully. I usually shower every other day now that I'm older - I find my skin dries out too much otherwise. In the summer, however, depending on what I'm doing it could be daily.

3. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    There are parts of the U.S. with the same stereotype.

mightyboosh purraised this.

4. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    Showers when I'm done with any outdoor projects for the day.
    One night Queen Bee wanted in the bathroom when I was done showering so I let her in and got dressed. She sat on the vanity and watched me, I leaned down to put my socks on and she sniffed right in my ear. My wife said all she knew was I was in the bathroom (presumably alone) and started laughing and yelling "stop it that tickles" :lol:

foxxycat, muffy, maggiedemi and 1 other person purraised this.

5. susanm9006

susanm9006 Willow Top Cat

Feb 20, 2011
    Depends on the season. Summers I go to the lake every morning and shower when I return. The rest of the year I shower and wash my hair every other day and have a hot bath on most other days.

maggiedemi and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

6. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    Lately I've been showering Monday nights, Wednesday nights, and Saturday mornings. I probably should do it a bit more often, and likely will this summer, but I don't like to overly wash my hair because I'm prone to dandruff.

I do have a few nice Lush things (bubble bath/bath bombs) so I can take a bath when I want to relax.

Aico & Nacho purraised this.

7. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    I shower but I'd love to have a good soaker tub for relaxing.

I shower after whenever I work out unless I have to look nice all day. Then it's a morning shower.

8. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    Have you tried using a shower cap?

9. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I have not. I suppose I could look into that.

maggiedemi purraised this.

10. MonaLyssa33

MonaLyssa33 TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 10, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I don't ever take a bath, but I shower primarily at night and on average 3 times a week. I have never showered every day.

Aico & Nacho purraised this.

11. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    I hate scrubbing shower tiles, so I take baths except when I wash my hair, which is 3' long so I must shower and scrub the tiles. And absolutely yes, every day. Depends on my schedule as to when -- I don't have a set time of day.

Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

12. Columbine

Columbine TCS Member Staff Member Advisor

Feb 27, 2015
    The kitty playground
    :clap::spew: LOVE IT!!

tarasgirl06 and mightyboosh purraised this.

13. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

I shower every morning before work. Don't like baths. In the summer if working in the gardens I will shower in the evening to cool off. I can't do my daily shower at night as my hair ends up drying in odd directions so it's easier to just shower daily. I've got extremely oily skin so skipping a day is a no no otherwise I get an oil slick line in my hair.

14. Jem

Jem TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    I shower in the morning, my hair needs to get wet so I can do it, and a spray bottle won't do the trick. I will take baths for muscle pain and such, those I take after a long day (not all the time). I will shower in the evening if I did messy yard work or whatever, but I still have to shower in the morning.

foxxycat, Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

15. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Shower every morning. In fact, the house had one of those huge jetted tubs in the master bedroom when we moved in, and we had it removed. That whole space is now a huge shower with a seat built in.

To @tarasgirl06 ’s point about cleaning, I wipe down the shower with a towel every morning. It’s a pain but eliminates the need to clean mold out of the grout! I also spritz it with a leave-on homemade shower cleaner.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    tarasgirl06, maggiedemi and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

16. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Those are good suggestions, @Tobermorey and I have squeejees (auto parts stores have these) that I use for that. They do a fairly good job but I have to spray from time to time.

Tobermorey and maggiedemi purraised this.

17. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    I shower and wash my hair every morning. I also take a hot bath before bed. I like to feel clean before bed, and it helps me sleep. Sometimes, in very hot weather and/or if I get dirty gardening, etc., I'll take a quick shower in between the morning shower and the night bath.

Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

18. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    I also shower whether I want to or not when I stupidly get caught in the rain. Can't forget that :lol:
    @Lari my wife has had dandruff creep up on and off in the past and she swears by an old remedy of half baking soda, half water after you shampoo.

Aico & Nacho, Lari and maggiedemi purraised this.

19. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I should try that. It can get pretty terrible. I'm using a coconut oil based shampoo bar from Lush that's been doing mostly okay, but I've had it not really respond to even prescription shampoo from a dermatologist, so anything that is working a bit, I'm afraid to mess with.

tarasgirl06, maggiedemi and 1 bruce 1 purraised this.

20. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    My mom had that sort of condition, too, and went to doctor/dermatologist for it, tried whatever they recommended, dandruff shampoos, oiled her scalp, you name it, but nothing ever did work. I suggested she include more oil in her diet, avocado, etc. To no avail, sadly.

Lari and maggiedemi purraised this.