Question of the day, Friday, June 11th

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning it took me about 15 minutes to drive to work.

It was my last day at this job. Hopefully the next one will be as easy to get to.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My place of employment is about 15 km away, and it takes 20-30 minutes to drive, depending on time of day/traffic. That has been my usual mode of transportation, both because the bus takes about twice as long, and because it has allowed for doing errands on the way home, and thus keeping them out of the weekend.

The bus is a viable option, on an occasional basis. It stops just across the street, and the terminus is a 7-or-so-minute walk from work. I've used it when the car is in for service, or when there's snow, or recently when I couldn't drive. That turned out not to be a good thing, but is another story.

All of it goes by the wayside, though, in a little over two weeks, when I retire. After I burn off a month's accumulated vacation, I'll do some part time to decant 30 years of institutional knowledge from my brain. Don't know what the best transportation plan will be then.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drive- it takes me about an hour to get to work which is about 35 miles away. When I'm in school, the university is about 35 miles from work, and then another 40 home
so yes, when I am in school, I drive over 100 miles a day, 4 days a week! my poor car

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drive. To get to work it takes me about 12 minutes. To get to school it takes me anywhere from 5-15 minutes (depending on traffic).