Question of the day Friday july 28th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
good evening my TCS family ... hope you are all are doing well tonite ... heres the question of the day:

What is your dream job? i had two , veterinarian and park ranger

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I finally found mine in my 30s... Yoga/meditation teacher. Sometimes I feel as though I should be paying my students, I enjoy it so much. :biggrin:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose I didn't do university (what's called college in the US) because there weren't any courses I wanted to do, work related or otherwise. I have zero drive when it comes to work. I do whatever job I'm in properly (except that depression-inducing stint at Centrelink ... 🤮) but that's it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback i would have went to university for either veterinarian or park ranger but math was never my strong suit in school and i only took the basics growing up

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dream job would have been a Marine Biologist specializing in Cetacean language. Never happened.
It's not that I'm afraid of the ocean...I'm afraid of what else is in the ocean.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say when I was younger that veterinarian and park ranger both made the list. I also have always thought it would be nice to run a lodge.

I don't currently have any career dreams (aside from running a lodge, which is a pipe dream at best) and work in admin. But I will say that my current job has good benefits and a decent amount of leave, so in itself is probably a good position since I can still travel and take care of my pets when needed. I'm hoping to transition back to part time remote soon too.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not really a formal job title but living and working in Africa. Filming and working to protect wildlife, particularly the big cats. All kinds of people from different walks of life have ended up doing that. They just kind of fell into it. Louis Leakey found her, sent her to Africa and then sent her to school for the academics. Dian Fossey was another one and there was a third who studied the orangutan. Jack Hanna's degree was in political science.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always thought it would be REALLY fun to voice animated characters. It's acting without being seen. Maybe it's acting for shy people? The bits I've seen make it look fun.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really a formal job title but living and working in Africa. Filming and working to protect wildlife, particularly the big cats. All kinds of people from different walks of life have ended up doing that. They just kind of fell into it. Louis Leakey found her, sent her to Africa and then sent her to school for the academics. Dian Fossey was another one and there was a third who studied the orangutan. Jack Hanna's degree was in political science.
My son shares your thoughts, except in the US. He's currently working on his Bachelor's of Science in Zoology, specializing in conservation/preservation.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was torn between a career in medicine and education. I became a special education teacher and have no regrets.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a lot of dream jobs growing up. The most prominent one was veterinarian, but I also wanted to be a writer, archaeologist, and weirdly one time I wanted to be a maid. Now as an adult with college degrees, my dream job would be being able to make money off all of the random things I make (pottery, crochet, cross stitch, other random stuff, etc.). I've been considering starting a YouTube channel, but that might be a winter project since I have a lot of yard stuff to deal with in the summer. As for a realistic job, I want to be a GIS analyst or cartographer for something involving natural resources.