Question of the Day, Friday, April 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Easy question this morning: 

Chocolate....Dark, milk, semi-sweet, white, or none? What's yours?

I love chocolate. Pretty much any kind of chocolate. I dearly love peanut M & Ms, but would never say no to a Hershey's kiss. I like milk chocolate the most, but I see nothing wrong with a gorgeous hunk of dark chocolate either.  I think I could live on chocolate.  

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark chocolate is my fav then milk. I don't eat it alot tho in fact it's been months since I had any chocolate.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White chocolate used to be my favorite, but when I switched to diet coke instead of regular and knocked other sweets out, dark is usually my first choice.  Yet there's a Cadbury fruit and nut bar in my bedroom calling my name.  Maybe I can't really decide!  LOL!  I'm not a heavy chocolate eater, I sometimes just get in the mood for it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've gone off chocolate!  I know!  It's terrible!

But I do have a really good quality dark drinking chocolate that I still enjoy.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
DARK!!  I like the kind that has 80-90% cacao.  

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it dark but not too bitter. I think 70% is usually a good balance.

I also like the kinds with salt or chilis or some other unexpected flavor. The sea salt one is surprisingly good.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I also like the kinds with salt or chilis or some other unexpected flavor. The sea salt one is surprisingly good.
Ooohhh, yeah, I like those, too--sea salt is excellent in dark chocolate.  Dang--this is making me want to go chocolate shopping....  lol

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milk chocolate. l love milk chocolate truffle - Aero does it in a bar now, and it's goooooood.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it all except white chocolate.  If I closed my eyes and didn't know it was white, I may like it but just seeing white chocolate turns me off.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none for me. i don't consume any caffeine, or anything with caffeine in it. my understanding is that although chocolate doesn't have caffeine in it, it does have theobromine in it -- also a stimulant. so, no chocolate for me.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Milk chocolate, and lots of it. I wouldn't turn down dark and think white chocolate should be outlawed. It is not even really chocolate- it is made of cocoa butter with no cocoa solids. Gak.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like white "chocolate" as a candy in general, but it's not chocolate! :lol3: I especially like it with peppermint, Ghirardelli usually sells it around Christmas.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I liked white chocolate was when I used it in a cake recipes otherwise milk dark and semi. With salt especially and Red peppers.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i like white chocolate but my favorite is the one with nougat in it. Trader Joe's has these Belgian chocolates shaped like seashells. My DH tried one once and said one was enough and that they were very rich. i could sit there and eat the whole box in one setting.