Question About New Kitten I Got Yesterday. Butt Looks Swollen?

okeelady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted a 3 month old kitten yesterday to keep my other cat company. I'm working on the introduction process now but have a question. This morning I noticed his anus looked a bit swollen. Since I just got him I'm not familiar with his pooping but when I cleaned out the litter box this am it looked fine. Does this look normal? I haven't had a young kitten in many years. He's been vet checked, vaccinated etc etc at my Animal Control and am going to be taking him to my regular vet soon. Should I be concerned in the meantime?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My thoughts, exactly. IF it gets any worse, you want to take him in ASAP. And do make that appointment soon. I know that Animal Control is often overworked, understaffed and underfunded. That said, his fanny does look pretty clean, which is a good thing! And it's remarkably cute...for a fanny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okeelady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your help!!!! The vets in this dinky country town aren't high tech but I did take Bob to the vet yesterday. I tend to worry a lot. My vet said he was fine and healthy and the reason is butt looks like that is because they shaved that area to neuter him. I kinda felt stupid ha ha.