question about dry food lbs and cups

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how many cups are in 1lbs of dry cat food that has the average size kibble i tried looking on the internet but i aint getting anything

and how many cups are in 1lbs of dry dog food small kibble

yah i know its a dry cat food question yes my cats get wet everyday

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this will help because it's going to vary a lot but I actually did measure this out with Blue Buffalo Adult Indoor Health and if I'm correct there were 37 cups in 7 pounds of cat food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this will help because it's going to vary a lot but I actually did measure this out with Blue Buffalo Adult Indoor Health and if I'm correct there were 37 cups in 7 pounds of cat food.
when my 40lb bag of cat food come in the mail every time i take a cup out i'm going to count it its going to be a pain lol and thats more cups then i thought for a 7lbs bag

odiakkoh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A 5lb bag of cat food lasts us a month and he gets 3/4 cup a day. So um..yeah, too early for me still to be doing the math haha.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are usually about 4-5 cups per pounds. It depends on kibble size and density, but that's a good estimate.

What brand did you buy that comes in 40-pound bags? I don't think I've ever seen cat food in that size.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are usually about 4-5 cups per pounds. It depends on kibble size and density, but that's a good estimate.
What brand did you buy that comes in 40-pound bags? I don't think I've ever seen cat food in that size.
This has also been my experience Willowy.  Again, it will depend on the size of the kibble. The easiest way to figure it out with your own kibble would be to measure out a pound of it and then use a measuring cup to measure out how many cups are in the pound.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so far i took 18 cups out of the 40 bag :p yes i'm counting here teehee

and 6 cups out of the 14lbs dachshund eukanuba :p