Question about declawing

kathy70005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems to me that I have alienated quite a few of youin my remarks regarding declawing. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.I love my kitty just as much as any of you who love theirs and wouldn't hurt her for anything.This little memo is just to say I'm sorry

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kathy70005,

Cut your finger off at the first nuckle, try and use those fingers immediately after the procedure and then tell me again not to believe anything we read about declawing. Oh, and by the way, it isn't us you should be apologizing to, it should be your cat.

Donna

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kathy70005
It seems to me that I have alienated quite a few of youin my remarks regarding declawing. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.I love my kitty just as much as any of you who love theirs and wouldn't hurt her for anything.This little memo is just to say I'm sorry
I don't think you have alienated people as much as you have hit on a topic of strong passions both for and against. While some are plain rude in their expression of beliefs most here are not and I suggest you refrain from replying to those who choose to be rude as nothing will be accomplished. As for the issue at hand, facts are facts; the procedure used is amputation. If knowing what is done and how there are those who continue to have it performed well, what can I say? Diversity of life and beliefs is what makes the world go around and all I can do is hope this particular procedure will some day be illegal here as it is in other countries.

Pete

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to apologize for my harsh words. Especially to Kathy 70005. I'm sure you are a very loving kitty mother and I had no right to say what I did. It was more about people in general than Kathy 70005. I didn't mean to be rude but I guess the more I read the other posts the more worked up I got. It seems declawing is a very volatile subject.

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by buttercup429
I want to apologize for my harsh words. Especially to Kathy 70005. I'm sure you are a very loving kitty mother and I had no right to say what I did. It was more about people in general than Kathy 70005. I didn't mean to be rude but I guess the more I read the other posts the more worked up I got. It seems declawing is a very volatile subject.
That it is and there are strong emotions on both sides of the issue. There is nothing wrong with being passionate in your beliefs; I would be more inclined to question them if you weren't! I tend to be less than kind myself when, in the face of facts, people still disagree with what I am saying. Oh well, another day is coming.

Pete

piscesmoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Elinor,

I'm glad that you changed your mind about declawing and wanted to cast another vote for "Soft Paws." I use them on two of my cats and they're wonderful. The cat can still "scratch" but doesn't do any damage. They come in clear and colored forms and last between 6 - 8 weeks.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For your information HattKatts, I wasn't being rude. I was simply making a suggestion and stating a fact. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, including me.

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by donna
For your information HattCat, I wasn't being rude. I was simply making a suggestion and stating a fact. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, including me.
I don't believe I mentioned any names or specific posts and that was for a reason. Sorry if my post hit a nerve. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, even those with whom we disagree.
BTW My screen name is HattKatts, not HattCat but I prefer my name, which is Pete.

Pete

kathy70005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you're right i love my kitty. If
I didn't want her rom the beginning. We adopted her from a groomer who takes in abused and abanded kitty's as well as dogs. She was abanded and it has taken several monrhs for her to half way warm up. She's getting there but thru a lot more TLC she and Iwill make it.
So you see i do love her

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by HattKatts
...what is your method of bathing; drowning?
Pete
Colorful, Pete. There's no mistaking your opinion on this issue. You have a well-appreciated way with words.

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25

Colorful, Pete. There's no mistaking your opinion on this issue. You have a well-appreciated way with words.
Thanks, Deb; some issues strike a nerve and this was one of them.

Pete

kathy70005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitty Clarise seems to love water. How would I go about bathing her and what should Iuse? I know you violently disagree Mr. Pete on declawing but how about bathing. Is it really neccessaty?

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kathy70005
My kitty Clarise seems to love water. How would I go about bathing her and what should I use? I know you violently disagree Mr. Pete on declawing but how about bathing. Is it really necessary?
My God, I'm getting a reputation I don't feel I deserve! Oh well. BTW, it's just Pete. As for bathing a cat I would be interested to know WHY you want to bathe it. If it is a show cat, has fleas, ringworm or some other reason then I understand; if not, then bathing is often not necessary. Once in a while to rid the fur of dander or dirt is fine but unless there is a need most cats keep themselves pretty clean and bathing is not a necessity. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with bathing a cat but if you have never tried it you are in for a unique experience, to say the least. As for what you should use, much of that depends upon the breed of cat (if you don't know, then is it long hair or short?), it's color and why you are bathing it. Answer those questions and I can more intelligently answer your question. I don't mean to be flippant but for me those questions determine what to use for bathing your cat.

Pete

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a whole big long thread around here somewhere about bathing cats. It will probably answer all the questions you ever wanted to know and then some.

kathy70005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just asking. this is the first orange and ehite kitty(clarise) I've had. I just noticed how much she enjoys the water and wats ro get in the bath tub with me,
thank you Mr. Pete

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Ladies, for posting the links on bathing. With everything available at those sites I'm sure all the questions will be answered.

Pete