Puzzles and cats?

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice from fellow puzzle loving cat owners. We have always enjoyed doing puzzles in the winter. This is our first winter with cats again for many years, and we are wondering how other people keep their cats from getting into the puzzles and possibly running off with pieces of it. We are planning to start a 1000 piece puzzle on the dining room table. Generally, the cats are pretty good at staying off the table and we have some Ssscat cans we can put on there too, but I’m not so naive to think that they will never ever jump on it. I’m wondering if I should cover the puzzle with towels? Or maybe that will draw their attention even more. The fact that we will be spending more time sitting there is going to draw their attention. And what to do with the piles of pieces that are sorted for color? Any advice would be appreciated. I would really hate to work a whole puzzle and find the last piece or two have been carried off!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a puzzle keeper for those puzzles that are small enough. Of course, I have to put that away in between puzzle sittings, because my cat likes chewing cardboard, the weirdo.

I did a couple puzzles this summer on the back of a mirror because they were too big for my puzzle box. I covered them with the bottom and lid of a shallow rubbermaid box. It was in the room, lol, I had to be creative. If you have something hard you could put on top I would recommend that, because I'd be worried about single pieces getting caught in a cloth towel.