Purely for fun - What's Aria?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity I've been wondering if anybody could identify what Aria is a mix of. We've been calling her a Siamese/domestic longhair mix because that's about all we can come up with. Neither of us know a ton about cat breeds or genetics. The shelter only said that she's a lynx point. We know nothing about her background genetically, she was brought into the shelter alone as a stray.

The interesting part, that's really hard to see in pictures, is that her stripes are 2 different colors. On her legs they're brown but on her face and tail they're gray and black, and she has an orange patch on her nose. Does this mean she's a tortie lynx point? I know that's a thing but I don't know how it actually looks. I'm not sure if she's a Siamese mix or some other pointed breed.

As far as temperament: she's very  active and very  vocal (she makes sure there's a running commentary of everything going on at all times). She likes to jump up high and balance on ledges but she's super clumsy. That could just be because she's still a kitten, though. She's definitely a people cat and likes to come and check in with us a lot, but she's also happy to play on her own. She drags her toys and blanket all over the house and has even moved clothes up and down the stairs overnight.

Sorry for the not great pictures, it's pretty much impossible to get a clear picture of her when she's not sleeping. Her 2 modes are run-laps-and-attack-and-chew-on-anything-that-moves and nap time.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its surely correct to call her a lynx point - medium hair or longhair, Im not sure.  I would say medium.

If you are sure of that reed spot, so yes, she is a tortie too.  Sometimes its just one spot, but the tortie gene is there.

Exact what look alike she is, is perhaps not meaningsfull, as she is ssurely a domestic mix.

What baffles me, her eyes doesnt seem to be blue.  Correct, not blue?

If not blue, and she is rather dark for a kittens, there is another possibility, but we will wait with that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her eyes are blue, but a very, very pale blue. I can try to get a picture that shows their color well but she's been pretty wiggly today.