Problems with purraise

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been unsuccessfully trying to activate the ❤ on the 👍purraise buttons on the entries, could maybe someone have pity on me and help me out. I (and my finger) would be really grateful!😎😉 Somehow I just can‘t get the hang of it and that‘s why if I react to posts I normally can only do this👍😎

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
could maybe someone have pity on me and help me out. I (and my finger) would be really grateful!
Did you touch the Purraise to the bottom right of the post? As soon as you touch it the pointer arrow will show 6 emoji's and you can click on whichever one you like. (Just touch the Purraise, don't click it but rather click on the emoji itself that appears.)
Here's a full explanation that might be more helpful: All About Purraise - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!😊
Actually that’s what I‘ve been doing, but it never works with me. The icons just slip away even when I hold them and then I get the question if I want to comfirm the purraise. Oh well - I‘ll read into the link you sent me tomorrow sometime and maybe find what I‘m doing wrong..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure why that is happening Eurocat Eurocat . Asking for purraise confirmation is a new one on me. I'll check on it and get back to you.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you find the Purraise link tends to get highlighted when you press it? Happens to me if I hold it a moment too long, and when it's highlighted (as if to be copied) you can't get it to select anything. There's a fine line between pressing the link long enough for the emojis to appear and pressing it too long, it seems, at least on my iPad.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you!!😊
Actually that’s what I‘ve been doing, but it never works with me. The icons just slip away even when I hold them and then I get the question if I want to comfirm the purraise. Oh well - I‘ll read into the link you sent me tomorrow sometime and maybe find what I‘m doing wrong..
Eurocat Eurocat what are you using? A phone, ipad, computer? If it's more than one, does it happen on all?

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there - wow - really appreciate your help here! (And even opening a new thread for it - 😊)
I usually check into this site on my phone…
When I briefly hold the purraise icon to get to the other icons I often get this:
IMG_9065.png

It‘s only then when I try and click it away (top left x) that I then can select the icons:
IMG_9066.png

Dont know if the images will go thru..

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I'll show this to 'People who may know more about it' :biggrin:

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe the German internet blocks them going through as only sourpuss 😾 icons are more usual here 😉😉😂😂

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm wondering whether it has something to do with your phone security settings?

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thx Mani - Good idea - and I checked but there’s nothing untoward I can find re the security settings.
Thanks for looking into it though - In the end it‘s not that important. I‘ll just use my 👍 if I want to react😎
and maybe it will solve itself. (If no one else has this issue I assume it has to do with me anyway😉)

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Thx Mani - Good idea - and I checked but there’s nothing untoward I can find re the security settings.
Thanks for looking into it though - In the end it‘s not that important. I‘ll just use my 👍 if I want to react😎
and maybe it will solve itself. (If no one else has this issue I assume it has to do with me anyway😉)
Do you have something other than your phone that you can try it on?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get the blue question mark it's usually because my internet connection is being really slow and things don't want to load. Happens most often with photos or icons. What's your connection like, Eurocat Eurocat ? (I'm guessing it's better than our notoriously slow service here in Australia ...)

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes - will try it out sometime.
The good thing is that through this thread I actually now have learned to work around the issue on the phone - so I just click away the confirmation request and then have the possibility to click on one of the other icons (just tried it out now on the other thread😀). It takes longer, but hey, the world is fast enough and I‘m here to relax with cats😺

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Internet connection is fine here - so far - despite the snow storm☃❄ And I‘ve always had the issue with thr purraise icons.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I‘ll just use my 👍 if I want to react
Well that will only work for so much though. :lol: I mean “sorry for your loss” 👍 probably won’t work for you. Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor at times and have had a fairly rough day. I’m glad you have found a work around. I’ve never had an issue on my iPhone but do have the same issue as catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback on my ipad from time to time.