Problems With Chewy.com Orders Recently?

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I concur, Chewy spoiled me with super speedy delivery and just a couple of weeks ago was disappointed with them for the first time. My packages never went past arriving at my door 1 to 2 days from check out, the latter if I’m ordering late at night. The last order took a week and tracking never updated past the printed label. Mind you, they sent me another box which arrived sooner. I’m grateful and didn’t expect that at all, but I’ve come to rely on a time frame which never failed me and it’s why I've enjoyed ordering from them. I might not sleep tonight. Things will never be the same..

:cloudy:
That seem like a fedex issues not really chewy’s fault. Wish they didn’t lose package and damage them. Ugh.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While you're there pick up a tall 'rubber maid' container to put the litter in. Back before litter was delivered to the door, I damaged myself at one time when I had 8 cats so I needed to buy the large bag of litter, but couldn't lift it. Hurt my upper back, not my legs. After way too long it occurred to me, the people at the store would put the bag in my car trunk. Then I could scoop it into a pail at 5 lbs a go and fill the big container in the house. This meant I could still afford litter and didn't re-damage myself.

purrsnickety

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That seem like a fedex issues not really chewy’s fault. Wish they didn’t lose package and damage them. Ugh.
Doesn’t Fedex indicate when they’ve received a package? Thus one never updated while in transit. I think tracking not going past the printed label could mean a box is still sitting at the warehouse, either end at fault possibly..

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Doesn’t Fedex indicate when they’ve received a package? Thus one never updated while in transit. I think tracking not going past the printed label could mean a box is still sitting at the warehouse, either end at fault possibly..
Well kind of. Every morning the packages are delivered to the warehouse and taken off of their delivery trailer. They're only scanned to the facility when they're taken off the truck. Like I said the other day somewhere in this thread, we've been forced to leave entire truck loads on the trailer recently until we can get to them. FedEx is in holiday rush right now and are getting thousands and thousands more packages than usual. My facility for example could unload all the packages and get them delivered same day before...now we do several thousand, fill the trucks to the brim, and leave what can't be fit for the next time. It's sad, but we literally have nowhere to put them on the trucks, so they don't get scanned right away.
And the people that do the scanning are only there at certain hours, and the drivers don't get paid if they deliver an unscanned box. They have to wait til the scanners come back next day.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Points to Fed ex - our order went in on 11-27, arrived late 11-29.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish chewy was available in Canada.
They should expand to Canada for sure. Their customer service is second to none. The only thing that irks me is that they don't take Paypal. I asked a rep why this was last week in an online chat and he told me that it was because they didn't think it was "secure". OK. Petsmart owns Chewy and THEY take it so that makes no sense. He said that they were looking into it though.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Chewy package arrived safely and with the correct contents. Yay! My Barkbox was missing a toy AND a bag of treats though! I don't know if they forgot to put it in or if someone stole it out of the box (easy to do with the style of box). Barkbox gave me a $20 credit so I can replace the items, but it's still annoying.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Chewy...

I called them because I was expecting a shipment, this past Monday. When I went to track the shipment, it was flagged in red, with the words 'exception'..

I called Chewy, asking what it meant. They tried tor explain that it was probably because of all the craziness of Black Friday and Cyber Monday on Fed-EX... but it said it never got to the distribution site...

Chewy automatically sent me a replacement.. And guess what.. I got the original order, the same day!!!! OMG...

They said to keep it, at no charge... wow....
amazing for customer service....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a very large order on Wednesday. 7 boxes, poor FedEx guy. It was icy out too. Anyway, some cat toys were on sale so I got a bunch. Some of the plastic balls had a case of cat food squish them and were broken :/. BUT, for some reason they put 2 extra of a different toy in there. I don't know if that was accidental or a purposeful bonus. But I'm gonna call it even :D.