Problems With Chewy.com Orders Recently?

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any problems with orders from Chewy in the last month, particularly in the last several days?

At the end of October, I received an order of Sheba Perfect Portion trays that had come open and had bugs (maggots?) in it. Then I had one tray from another box that had a hole in it. I asked for a replacement of the box with the bugs and simply complained about the other box and said there was no need to replace it. They sent a replacement of both, which was unnecessary. I suppose I shouldn't complain about that, but I feel bad about an unnecessary replacement.

Then I made three purchases from Chewy on Black Friday. The second order was ok (some cans were dented), and the third order (cat tree) just arrived. The first order was missing a pack of canned food (24 cans). I emailed to request the missing food, stating EXACTLY what it was and also said that I have hard proof it was missing from the shipping box based on the weight FedEx showed in the tracking info. I got an email from an actual person saying the replacement would arrive by Wednesday. Then the next day I received an automated email showing what the replacement food was and it was the wrong food. :censored: So I emailed them being as detailed as I could and provided a link to the correct food. Then I get an automated email back showing that the correct food was going to be sent. Then I get two more automated emails showing that both foods were shipped. :frustrated:

I'm not being charged for any of the replacements, but this is stupid. Now I'm worried that they're going to flag my account. I'm afraid to place anymore orders in case there's a problem. The third order (cat tree) is supposed to be a Christmas present. Now I'm not sure if I should open it to check everything out or wait until Christmas. If I open it, I'll never be able to get everything back in the box.

I'm just wondering what everyone else's experience is with this company. I've placed several orders this year with no problem. The last time I had a problem was probably around Black Friday 2017. I received a case of canned food that was severely dented at the seal. They sent a free replacement of the whole case.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered on Friday and was super surprised to receive my shipment on Saturday. I assumed it'd take until Monday with everybody buying things so I'm a happy shopper. No dented cans or mix ups here.

nero-onyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had any problems with orders from Chewy in the last month, particularly in the last several days?

At the end of October, I received an order of Sheba Perfect Portion trays that had come open and had bugs (maggots?) in it. Then I had one tray from another box that had a hole in it. I asked for a replacement of the box with the bugs and simply complained about the other box and said there was no need to replace it. They sent a replacement of both, which was unnecessary. I suppose I shouldn't complain about that, but I feel bad about an unnecessary replacement.

Then I made three purchases from Chewy on Black Friday. The second order was ok (some cans were dented), and the third order (cat tree) just arrived. The first order was missing a pack of canned food (24 cans). I emailed to request the missing food, stating EXACTLY what it was and also said that I have hard proof it was missing from the shipping box based on the weight FedEx showed in the tracking info. I got an email from an actual person saying the replacement would arrive by Wednesday. Then the next day I received an automated email showing what the replacement food was and it was the wrong food. :censored: So I emailed them being as detailed as I could and provided a link to the correct food. Then I get an automated email back showing that the correct food was going to be sent. Then I get two more automated emails showing that both foods were shipped. :frustrated:

I'm not being charged for any of the replacements, but this is stupid. Now I'm worried that they're going to flag my account. I'm afraid to place anymore orders in case there's a problem. The third order (cat tree) is supposed to be a Christmas present. Now I'm not sure if I should open it to check everything out or wait until Christmas. If I open it, I'll never be able to get everything back in the box.

I'm just wondering what everyone else's experience is with this company. I've placed several orders this year with no problem. The last time I had a problem was probably around Black Friday 2017. I received a case of canned food that was severely dented at the seal. They sent a free replacement of the whole case.
Autoship every 2 weeks. Never a problem.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a standing every-other-week autoship. No problems.

I do think the holiday FedEx guy is a little rougher on the packages though. But that's not Chewy's fault.
I can testify. I work for FedEx. I've seen a LOT of Chewy boxes thrown around by package handers, and if I mention it, the thrower will just shrug and say 'it's just dog food'. Doesn't matter, it belongs to someone!

However, in contribution to this conversation, I have never had a problem with Chewy. Everything that I've gotten has been absolutely perfect. In fact, I recently made two orders, realized that the second one wouldn't qualify for free shipping due to cost, and asked to have it put on my other order. They didn't hesitate to combine them and refund my shipping cost.
They also just sent me a handwritten Christmas card!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a box yesterday that was crunched. Nothing broken. Box crunched.

I have 2 more orders on the way. Will let you know.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm annoyed they didn't post my review about the new Tiny Tiger treats NOT being Grain-Free, but I haven't had any out of the ordinary issues with orders. (just one busted can that they refunded me $1.something for)

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My only gripe is that my auto-ship box this month is taking a ridiculously long time to get here. They said they pulled the items last Wed, and it's supposed to show up at my house tomorrow. I know there was the holiday in there, but now my cat has eaten her last can of good food, and she will be grumpy tomorrow morning when I have to feed her something else she doesn't like. Doesn't seem like 2-day shipping is working correctly this month.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They have different warehouses, one of which is just 60 miles away. If my auto order is shipped from there I get it the next day. However, sometimes they use a warehouse that is 4 states away. This means I don't get it til 4 or 5 days have passed & almost ready for my next auto ship!
Over all, I like the convenience and availability of different foods.

As long as they keep the quality of their boxes high. Last spring that was a problem. I had 2 orders in a row never even made it thru the trip, they had to have it reshipped.
Lisa
ps I don't order kitty litter...think my FedEx gal would go on strike :lol:

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ordered four times this week. Only one problem with a carrier that I bought. The hole wasn’t cut out and I had to cut it myself. I told that to chewy and the sent me a replacement. I think it’s just unfortunate manufacturers fault if you get maggots and the carriers fault if your packages are dented or damaged. Chewy has a GREAT cs team and always sends out replacements if something doesn’t work out for you.

Because of BF/CM I have like 3x 40 lbs of litter now. My driver probably hates me but omg bargain. ha I won’t have to refill for months!

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm annoyed they didn't post my review about the new Tiny Tiger treats NOT being Grain-Free, but I haven't had any out of the ordinary issues with orders. (just one busted can that they refunded me $1.something for)
What they’re not?! I just got the bogo deal *sad*

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
What they’re not?! I just got the bogo deal *sad*
Yep, I ALMOST went for that too but thankfully I read the ingredients at the last second.
How are you gonna make a grain-free line of food and then come out with grainy treats under the same name? Corn, soy, wheat--It's all up in 'em.
So I made the review to tell others who may not notice, and they didn't publish it.
Bit shady! Makes me mad.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, I ALMOST went for that too but thankfully I read the ingredients at the last second.
How are you gonna make a grain-free line of food and then come out with grainy treats under the same name? Corn, soy, wheat--It's all up in 'em.
So I made the review to tell others who may not notice, and they didn't publish it.
Bit shady! Makes me mad.
My review didn’t get posted because I titled my review kitty crack. I didn’t mean that negatively. But they are definitely selective w reviews. Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully I only got the canned food.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had issues with broken items but that's because the delivery man threw the box across the porch, and they refunded me immediately. My aunt orders from them regularly and once they sent her a case of Newman's Own dog food instead of Weruva cat food. She was refunded and my dog got a free case of food :anticipation: I love free things! Chewy screws up sometimes (or gets screwed during shipping) but they always fix it! I ordered 2 bags of American Journey (24 lbs of food for $25!!!! With one cat that only eats 1/2 dry that's enough for a year!) and I really hope they don't get trashed.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had similar shipping issues which are mostly on the carrier. Usually when I ordered and wet food at the same time. You can tell that at some point the box dropped and the corner of the wet box tore through the dry bag. Twice it's been minor enough that I didn't mention it. Once... Oh it was bad.

The box was dropping dry food as the carrier walked to the front door. Not a ton but they should have noticed. Since I don't know when it was torn, how much was lost, and it was falling out of the box I did complain. Chew sent me two replacement bags for the two torn bags next day.

I think it owuld be better if they sent items with sharp corners separate from things that can be torn. It would cost a little more in shipping but I can't imagine how much product loss they have for that reason.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobidadog 'I can testify. I work for FedEx. I've seen a LOT of Chewy boxes thrown around by package handers, and if I mention it, the thrower will just shrug and say 'it's just dog food'. Doesn't matter, it belongs to someone!"

You might want to mention that a fair chunk of FedEx money comes from 'just dog food' suppliers. It matters to the higher ups at FedEx.

My order was to be sent in two days, which should have been Wednesday and wasn't there Friday. It didn't arrive. I got in touch with Chewy because I needed to know if it was coming or should I buy more? Chewy looked it up and said it should have gotten there. Probably the FedEx guy had it last and didn't get to it. Chewy said they wouldn't charge me so I could go buy some more food for the dog. They didn't, I did and the food arrived on Monday. Since then Every box from Chewy arrives early in the day with our address written in marker on it. So it matters to someone at FedEx. And, I'm guessing that someone doesn't want the drivers playing football with the boxes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to receive a shipment of food, yesterday. I looked on the tracking, it was flagged in red..

I called Chewy.. appears it never made it to FedEX!!! They are shipping another order for me.. If I end up with 2 shipments---to just keep it...