Probably more serious than what I thought...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Meyer called me yesterday morning and the urine culture came back saying he had a Staph 'In...somthing' (don't really know what he said) but the medicine he is on right now is one of the many ones that can cure it. I am taking him back in next week to do another test to make sure that he is better.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Dr. Meyer called me yesterday morning and the urine culture came back saying he had a Staph 'In...somthing' (don't really know what he said) but the medicine he is on right now is one of the many ones that can cure it. I am taking him back in next week to do another test to make sure that he is better.
probably a staph infection - a very common infection, at least in humans.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

probably a staph infection - a very common infection, at least in humans.
right...but he didn't use the word "infection" weird...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Candie...if I were unclear about what I was told by the doctor...I would not hesitate to call back and speak with a knowledgeable tech. or the doctor for clarification. They will understand and respect you for doing so.

Please let us know how Mittens does on this medication.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mittens went back to see Dr. Meyer today and he has staph intermedius...it isn't contagious. He starts a new antibiotic tonight. He isn't doing to great. I just hope that this infection goes away soon.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Mittens went back to see Dr. Meyer today and he has staph intermedius...it isn't contagious. He starts a new antibiotic tonight. He isn't doing to great. I just hope that this infection goes away soon.
Lotsa vibes for sweet Mittens -- what a tedious time for him (and worrisome for you) -- hope he's feeling better soon.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Mittens....we love you sweet boy.

Vibes, prayers and huge hugs for your boy Candie. ((((hugs))))

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

when i looked that up on the web, everything was about ear infections... does he have an ear problem? i thought this was still about his peepee

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

when i looked that up on the web, everything was about ear infections... does he have an ear problem? i thought this was still about his peepee
No, it has nothing to do with his ear. It is still the urinary problem. He is starting to pee more today in one place, which is good! The only thing is it is VERY messy because he drips everywhere. I think he drips a lot more with this infection because after his surgery, it wasn't this bad. I think he is very irritated, but I am still having hope.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Mittens is having such a rough time of it.
to the big guy!
Maybe xocats' "nursemaids" can come help him get better?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Did you rename Mittens?
Whoops!
Sorry Mittens.

I have not been feeling up to par the last few days---check out my siggy that Karen created.

My mind had been playing silly tricks on me.
Sweet Mittens

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, thanks for asking!

Mittens is doing really well, I think. I have him crated when I can't be around him to keep him in one place and make sure he is getting retrained in his litterbox; it seems to be working a little. We just got done playing with the Catdancer and he sharpened his claws on his post for awhile...all while purring. He's been real happy the last few days. I think the medicine is working too..he's on Orbax. I'll be making a phone call into the vet here in the next few days. I'm really worried about my mother right now though...she was just admitted into the hospital last night for obstructed intestines due to her gallbladder surgery a year ago...I wonder if I can sneak Mittens in to see her!!