Prince, And The Dreaded Balcony

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
True, though even if Nikki found a home, that was 17 years ago

I think my co-workers subjected a dog park mostly as an example, I'd like to think she would just simply saying to put the cat in a kennel or take them somewhere else like a park or something

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is troubling because I picked out two harnesses for Prince and Nikita. Nikita has a small neck because she is Tiny and I have to have a kitten collar on her yet the small kitten harness I got for her into small. Prince I got a regular cat harness for but he is too big for it and it fits Nikita's body but the neck size is too big

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got a couple harnesses that work and I've had them wearing them around the house to get you to them as well as the whole leash thing which I put on them whenever I want to walk around with them, and I had them on the balcony and of course Nikita reacted the same way she did before which was just rolling around and exploring the balcony but with the harness and Leash On.

Prince actually reacted differently this time, he just curled up into a ball in my lap and started like kneading my arm and my leg, while looking around. I think that maybe because he feels secure when I'm holding him in my lap. He might not be the adventurous one like Nikita surprisingly enough

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw it was beautiful. I had Prince outside on the balcony with me for maybe twenty minutes, he was in my lap the entire time curled up and looking around. His ears moving and his paws flexing. If I leaned away, he leaned towards me. Nikita won't stay in my lap (she likes to roll around on the floor) but Prince won't leave my lap. Strange, it seems

Why do you think that is? Maybe Prince is just not used to it, but neither is Nikita though she may be more comfortable than he is or he just feels more secure in my lap.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet! Not sure why that is. Some are just more demonstrative than others. I have 3 cats and a feral. None are "lap" cats, but one will snuggle sometimes at bedtime.

I am just glad they are doing okay out there and with their harnesses. I have both Lupine style leashes/harness and Kitty Holsters. They don't like any of them, lol!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So Gohan was what we called our “alpha cat” because he always seemed in control and would have to investigate and approve everything. Trin was our “beta cat” because he generally chilled and left most alone. when we took our two cats outside for the first time, Gohan took a long time to acclimate and sat for hours in the doorway. Trin ran around and explored, and even challenged a neighbor kitty while Gohan hid by some bushes.

My theory is that Gohan is highly sensitive to change. He is very tied to his territory (which is why he has to investigate anything new. That chapstick? Is it approved by him?). He notices new smells And Is taking a long time to accept a new kitty into his territory. Trin on the other hand is less discerning and just runs around to explore. But he’s not master of any domain, which means he is better about new territory. Gohan needs to slowly explore, but once he does he knows what to expect.

Could be that Nikita is less phased by newness and looks on this as fun. And Prince needs to go slower so he is less overwhelmed by all of the noise and New smells, which is why he’s so happy to have you there for comfort?

yvonnepum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is extremely interested in the outside world. I let him out occasionally, but I always keep a leash on him just in case of anything.