Primalix Immune

Ntrope

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried this for their cat?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
just bumping this up for you. What is the health issue you are needing this for? Do you have a thread running in our Health Forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ntrope

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's had a chronic respiratory illness for the last 5 months. She is currently on Depo/Covenia and lysine. Someone I know recommended this product to help give her immune system a boost. She'll being going back to the vet next month for a biopsy of her sinuses and a second nasal flushing.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ohhhh, this is the cat that I suggested might have pseudamonas!

OK, I'm just not sure about this product. Never heard of it, but I HAVE heard of people using Transfer Factor both for themselves AND for their cats. I did a search and found all these threads that have some discussion on the use of it: Search Results for Query: transfer factor | The Cat Site

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ntrope

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks mrsgreenjeens =) I read from the links you suggested and I don't think she has been tested for any bacterial infections at this point. We have a biopsy scheduled for next month. My vet advised we had to wait until the depo/covenia runs its course so that test results are not affected. Her symptoms are mild compared to what I've read about pseudomonas. She is heavily congested. When the vet did her nasal flush, he found thick, slimy white build up inside her nasal passages, which were also inflamed. She does not cough or sneeze. Just can't breathe :( Her eyes will occasionally have clear or slightly brownish-red discharge, but not all the time. That comes and goes. Her lack of appetite I'm sure is due to her congestion. Mirtazapine was working pretty well for that (1/8 tablet every 3 - 4 days) but that wasn't helping her symptoms. Cyproheptadine seems to be working just as well, and might be helping with the inflammation, but it's hard to tell. I'm taking her into the bathroom for steam treatments twice a day, and have been giving her l-lysine, neo/poly/dex nose drops twice a day as well as saline drops in between. I even tried apple cider vinegar on the back of her neck, but that didn't seem to help at all. If you can think of anything else that might help, please let me know. Thanks!