Primal Raw Goat Milk?

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got some samples of Primal freeze dried food from the pet store on Sunday, and the lady who gave them to us highly recommended Primal Raw Goat Milk too. I'm unsure about both - the freeze dried because it has fruits and veggies in it, and the goat milk because of the spices. I'm a little more comfortable with the milk because spices aren't plants like fruits and veggies are, and I'm a fan of essential oils, holistic medicine, etc.

What do you all think about the goat milk? Are ginger, turmeric and cinnamon beneficial (or at least benign) for cats?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon and ginger are fine. Ginger is good for digestion. I don't really think that turmeric and cinnamon are GOOD they just aren't bad. I don't think any are necessary. It would be different if it were the spices straight up and in large quantities. Primal is a great raw brand. I love their goats milk too. Well my cats do anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted a second opinion. I really want to try the goat milk - the pet store lady said she refreezes it in ice cube trays for convenience.

They LOVED the sample I rehydrated this morning, but later we found puke upstairs. I'm not sure if it's the Primal or not - Laelia always pukes up raw food so it could've been her. We can't afford to feed just Primal, but I'd like to get some to put on top of their food.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can also buy goat milk from a grocery store and give that to the cats. Look for it in the organic / natural section of the store. Whole Foods usually has it and I've seen it at other stores. This brand is the most common.

Another pet specific goat milk product you can try is Pro Bloom

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also buy goat milk from a grocery store and give that to the cats. Look for it in the organic / natural section of the store. Whole Foods usually has it and I've seen it at other stores. This brand is the most common.

Another pet specific goat milk product you can try is Pro Bloom
But that's not RAW goat's milk. They sell goat milk in the store, but not raw goat's milk. Raw milk is not pasteurized and can't be sold for human consumption, only as pet food. We buy raw goats milk from farmers around the area. They give it to us in big glass jars and then we return the empty jars and trade them for a full jar next time we buy more.

Raw goat's milk, or any raw milk for that matter can usually only be bought straight from the farm or in specialty pet stores being sold as pet food. Pasteurized milk doesn't have the same digestive and health benefits that raw milk has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I hadn't considered getting plain goat milk for them. I'll look for it. :)

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Primal products are the best foods out there, it's just too expensive! My cats thrive on Primal freeze dry.