Primal Raw Freeze Dried + Goat Milk

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings all. This is a simple question. I had my cat on Primal Raw Freeze Dried Rabbit Formula and was using the same brand raw goat milk to re-hydrate it. The cat loved it and did well. The goat milk seemed to go bad so I began using water. This did not go so well, however I may not have been hydrating it properly. Currently I have another bag of the same rabbit formula and purchased some powdered goat milk from a healthy foods supermarket. It is called Meyenberg Powdered Whole Goat Milk and is not raw.

https://meyenberg.com/products-page/powdered-goat-milk/

Is this safe to use? I wish to use this in an effort to save a bit of money and keep the goat milk fresh and available. Also would y'all consider this type of food part of a quality raw diet? Thanks for any input.
https://meyenberg.com/products-page/powdered-goat-milk/

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's fine. All it is is powdered goat milk, nothing else.

There is a powdered goat milk product just for pets if you want to look into it: Pro Bloom It includes probiotics which are great to help keep the digestive tract healthy.

Freeze dried raw is great but a bag might only last one cat a week or so, depending on how many pieces you feed daily. it can get pricey over time.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats are not supposed to have pasteurized dairy. No one should be consuming pasteurized milk, actually BUT thats a whole other discussion! :p

Once the milk has been pasteurized and homogenized, it loses the the enzymes in it to help digest the lactose. This is why a lot of people/pets are "lactose intolerant" now-a-days. You might find that it upsets your cats tummy or it may not.

I wouldn't use it long term. I'd stick to the raw milk for sure.