Preventing Pets From Peeing On Carpet Trick?

CAtman85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Saw this video on youtube and the publisher uses black pepper to prevent his pets from peeing on the carpet. Can anybody attest to this?

Here's the link

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think I have heard of that method before. Even if it stopped it though I don't know if black pepper all over would be better.

Cats usually have a specific reason they are going somewhere other than their box. Figuring out the problem and treating it is usually the most effective way and will result in a happier cat overall.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of this either. I think I would have a hard time getting past the idea of having that all over my floor. But having a cat with inappropriate elimination issues is not fun either. (My mother has been there! I get it!)

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have only heard about this black pepper thing with dogs who dig holes in their owners yard, I actually did it and for that it worked. Never heard about using it for cat on carpets.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would rather fix the problem, since with cats it could be a medical issue. With my cats accidents were from UTI, constipation, too highly scented litter, not changing non-clumping litter often enough, and not feeding enough wet food.